Drag racing in, sanity out.

Bestangyet 07

forum member
Reaction score
This past May I finally took my car to the strip to see what it was all about. This being my fourth Mustang, I actually did it for once. Now here I sit after my first season of racing wondering what I will do all winter. The track here is closed as of two weeks ago, now we wait till May. It was a shitload of fun and I guess that is all anyone could ask for. During the twice monthly thrashings I put my baby through I managed to spend $2500 on upgrades, fuel, entry fees, helmet, safety related items, and lots of ice to cool my 50 pound chunk of heat soaked aluminum. (Supercharger) I learned a bunch of cool stuff about my ride And that too made it all worthwhile. Out of 14 trips to the track I came away with a new best ET 12 times. I started out at 13.90 and whittled it down to 12.388. That means the driver mod was the best bang for the buck. The ET streets didn't hurt a damn bit either. I also found out that the new camaro, even magnacharged, will fall victim to the stang. Hell I even won an event and have a trophy to prove it. I came in 9th in points out of fifty in my class in my rookie effort. and now I AM HOOKED. But now that the air temp her in Utah has dropped out of the 90's down to a wonderful horsepower inspiring 50 degrees, and the DA is below 6000ft. the fun is over. This sucks, now all I can think about is... I wonder how much it would cost to drive to Vegas, or northern California, to see what she will really do. Oh well, I guess that next season isn't really that far off. Hopefully all of the people I met at the track will be back next year as well...

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
7003ft. D.A. :chairfall:

Wow, VERY good times for that DA :thumb:

FWIW, its cheaper than therapy... well... lets say its ALOT more fun than therapy :evillaugh:

Bestangyet 07

forum member
Reaction score
What I could use is more hours at work so I could afford to mod the car. I was thinking of porting the blower this winter, anyone know about the parts needed to re-assemble a Saleen huffer.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back