Drivetrain Overhaul!

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well good news, bolt came and its the correct part... Bad news.... went to install it, spun in easy by hand, then went to barely snug it up and the fitting on the trans linkage shattered... FML... More stuff to order.. appears to be some kind of powder metal part, very weak compared to the hard steel on the MGW linkage looks like.

Goddamn gamma rays! :patriot:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So everything is together and running, had no issues with the bleeding, didn't really bleed at all. I stuck the slave cylinder in the bottle of break fluid and squeezed it a dozen times till all the air was out and the slave was full. Installed the slave on the trans and connected it to the line elbow. Poured fluid into the elbow till it was spilling at the brim.

Put the trans in the car and took the cap I put on the clutch line off, slipped it into the elbow the excess fluid spilled out and locked it in place.

First 3-4 clutch pumps and it felt normal already and car drove great.

Continued to drive car and breaking in the clutch for a few weeks. The gen2 6060 MGW shifter is pretty sweet, feels just like a direct shift top loader. Solid positive shifts, love it.

And to answer the question about the reverse lockout spring I cut shorter, a lot easier to get into reverse now just enough resistance to keep you away unless your going for it on purpose, worked out perfect.

Time to get the new turbo build underway. Once that's on. 4.10s and true trac are going in and she's done. Looking to have a 800rwhp convertible, weekend warrior street car that I can enjoy and put a lot of miles on. :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back