Drove an intake/tune 3v today......how do i say this kindly...???

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Plus I see enought 5.0s running around here bone stock with a douchebag behind the wheel thinking he is joe cool because he has a fast car. ( AKA Vette guy) The guy knows nothing about the car or what a mod even is. Just went to the dealer and signed the loan.

Amen to that.

I respect a guy that buys and mods his car himself, no matter what kind of car it may be, to make it his own personal hot rod, show car, race car whatever. Heck, anyone with the coin can go in and drop $65K on a new GT500, but that doesn't make him an enthusiast.

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
LS1 ever have # 8 issues?
AWWWWW Crap I fed the Trolls!!!!!

Last edited:

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
It's kinda funny reading all the "paid off" comments from the 4.6 guys that have spent the past five years paying for their cars. Not to mention adding exhaust, cams, a power adder, and a new short block trying to keep up with a tuned 5.0. :lol2:

PS - yes this is a total troll thread, just doing my part

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
I think I just lost brain cells reading this junk! Bottom line, enjoy what you have or get something different. Pretty simple, no need to troll and try to start crap...

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Actually, my stock 5.0 has put it on GT500s and blown 3V cars, lol.

I don't mind sounding like a dick. :thumb2:

challenge accepted :D

Amen to that.

I respect a guy that buys and mods his car himself, no matter what kind of car it may be, to make it his own personal hot rod, show car, race car whatever. Heck, anyone with the coin can go in and drop $65K on a new GT500, but that doesn't make him an enthusiast.

hmm

Last edited:

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
I think I just lost brain cells reading this junk! Bottom line, enjoy what you have or get something different. Pretty simple, no need to troll and try to start crap...

I have been struggling with my build . Going back and forth on my set up. Everytime I think I am all set I get a few negative replys. So I pm'ed a friend of mine and this was his reply. Great advice.

Originally Posted by BigRis
...I really am thinking of just doing what I want....

^ This is exactly what you should do.
bigstick

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Exactly!! If one has to constantly compare his/her possessions or abilities to everyone else's for affirmation, it could signal deep seated self worth issues...just sayin'.

Last edited:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, it would be nice to always have the latest and greatest all the time. I don't like debt though and am definitely not the type to always be trading up and ALWAYS be making payments. Like you I'll be boosting soon after I put my HP turbo kit on. Now if only I can find the extra time!! My latest project is just over 9 months olds and is now crawling all over the house.

I'm the same way, I hate debt. I rarely ever buy a car new due to depreciation and I've learned to enjoy what I have, because it's mine and it's how I want it to be. Congrats on your latest project! lol

It's kinda funny reading all the "paid off" comments from the 4.6 guys that have spent the past five years paying for their cars. Not to mention adding exhaust, cams, a power adder, and a new short block trying to keep up with a tuned 5.0. :lol2:

PS - yes this is a total troll thread, just doing my part

Just to mention not all of us paid over 5 years. I bought my car used for a good deal and paid cash for. Never made a payment on it. It is not my dd , it was bought with the sole purpose of being a toy. Yes, I added all the things you've mentioned, but not to try and keep up with a 5.0. it's because it's fun for me to do and I enjoy the car. If I'm going to buy a car because the interior is better or the lights are nicer, it's not going to be a Mustang.. lol

how many intake/tune 3v blew up? LOL

Word!

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
4.6, 5.0, who gives a flying f#$%

I just like how BigRis' signature pic makes it look like there's a serious wing on his car. That's how you make a car fast; aerodymanamics.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
A bunch of them had piston slap and oiling issues.

Should we start counting the number of threads with forum members' 3V on the back of tow trucks?

I had to rebuild my 3v 3 times in 67,000 miles due to part failure trying to get to 400 rwhp NA. Finally got sick of it and sold it.

In for the LOLs.
PS, I think my blown 5.0 is faster than a stock 3v sometimes.

I want to get my 5.0 blown... it's been months. hahahaha

Seriously, i think the OP was just reminiscing. NBD.

I can tell you this about myself... "Momma, I wanna go fast!"

I'm done trying to prove to myself and others what I know or can do or can build in the car (and motorcycle) world. I have been doing it since 1987 and I'm tired.

I do, however, want to share my passion, experiences and time with people who love the sport. As long as you're having fun, I don't care who drive what.

As a former 3v guy, I would like to add that the latest cars wouldn't be what they are today if it wasn't for the success of their predecessors.

Just sayin'

[/troll]

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
4.6, 5.0, who gives a flying f#$%

I just like how BigRis' signature pic makes it look like there's a serious wing on his car. That's how you make a car fast; aerodymanamics.

I was expermenting with some pvc fence wings. Build on a budget wing. I was thinking a huge wing and some underbody lighting and skip those worthless engine mods. Everyone knows every inch of wing adds 20 horsepower.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, my stock 5.0 has put it on GT500s and blown 3V cars, lol.

I don't mind sounding like a dick. :thumb2:

I was beating blown 3v's and GT500 's in my G8 4dr family mobile with exhaust, tune, cold air. It was horrible when I sprayed it. Hell when the G8 was stock it was killing 10 and prior pony's that thought they was fast cause they had a mustang. Pissed a bunch people around me off.

from the famous tapatalk.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I was expermenting with some pvc fence wings. Build on a budget wing. I was thinking a huge wing and some underbody lighting and skip those worthless engine mods. Everyone knows every inch of wing adds 20 horsepower.

I must compliment you on your choice of material. I hear PVC piping is good for DIY roll cages as well.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Paid mine off in two years then bought a used KB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back