Drove an intake/tune 3v today......how do i say this kindly...???

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
the 5.0 breaks 305s loose from a roll lol i dont even dare full throttle it on a turn.

Always a good time man.

I don't have any traction all the way up to 60-70 MPH with my small 285's, and didn't with my 315 Falkens.

Gotta love it man, lights my eye's up like Ultraclassic starting his car for once! :D

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
The funny part is, a bolt on 3V is 'slow' in the Mustang world, but really isn't that slow in the car community. A street car with over 300whp that's capable of 12's isn't a 'slow' car. When you put it next to a bolt on 5.0 or Cobra then it appears 'slow'.

Just cracks me up when I take my import buddies for a ride they love my car, but you talk to a Mustang guy and first thing they say is "so you trading in for a 5.0?"

No, I am not. A 5.0 is going to be the new 'slow 3V' 6 years from now when a faster Mustang comes out... haha

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
12's were fast 10 years ago. I'm not putting down the 3v, but consider lsx motors in 98-02 fbody's were doing it then with ease. 10's are the new 12's.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
12's were fast 10 years ago. I'm not putting down the 3v, but consider lsx motors in 98-02 fbody's were doing it then with ease. 10's are the new 12's.

True, however my 3V is also 7 years old.... I'm not saying my car is 'fast', I've been in fast cars, my car is far from it. All I'm saying is it is by no means 'slow'. It's just a respectable street car. There's not too many cars that can be had for 14-18K that with a couple thousand worth of mods and a sticky tire can run 12.6 passes with ease. Sure, I new 5.0 can do that with very minor work, and can crack 12's with driver mod and a good tire.... However that's a brand new car.

It's all relative. When 5.0s dip into 3V prices a couple years down the line, there will probably be something faster. It's the nature of our hobby, and the point of refreshed new cars every few years.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Then again I'm a former import guy. When I had my 2011 Si, supercharged guys were running low 13's, high 12's and that was 'very fast' on the boards. Idk, I'm not racing anyone, so I guess I'm not too concerned with having a car that's deemed 'slow'. It's more than enough power to make me and mine smile when I got WOT :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back