DTC P0601

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I'm looking for some thoughts or to see if anybody else has had a similar issue. I did a search and only came up with 6 results on this forum...one of the fixes was 4 pushed pins on a connector going to the PCM. Which I'll be checking on mine.

Anyway, I drove car to work today and it drove fine. Got home and left car in the driveway. About 30 mins later I go out to pull car into garage, start it up and still sounds fine. Get it almost all the way into the garage and noticed car is beginning to sound funny. Idle becomes a bit irratic as if not all cylinders were firing and little to no throttle response. Turn car off and on a couple times and idle quality along with RPM (dropping) seems to be getting worst such as 3-400 RPM idle. Turned engine off at this point and checked codes which was the P0601. Went to start again and all it does it crank, car will not fire.

So far I've checked connections and, disconnected battery for just over an hour, reloaded tune.

Did some general google searches and seen people replacing throttle bodies which claimed to fix it, pedal assemblies, PCM's, etc.

I'm all ears if anybody has any thoughts or feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Crispybacon06

Reaction score
Couldnt find that code on fords website, but p0600 and p0602 basically state to replace or reflash pcm. But i would start by checking powers and grounds to the pcm.

06monera96

LeShawno
Reaction score
It's usually an issue when the harness gets hold, some of the grounds start to "break" open and it get grounded vs pulsing/ modulating.

Example if the return feed from the FPDM short out to the fuel tank, the pcm gets a rog signal and the pcm gets confused it will still run no problem, it just detecting an open short/ground on a rail it should not have.

^__ I ref to this because on the 05-06 they ran the fuel pump harness beside the tank and cover into the back passenger side and with time the sleeve started rubbing to the point where the return feed to pcm grounded out to the frame and cause the fuel pump to go full tilt and also triggered a p6### tcode

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the responses everybody.

As for an updated...The day after I posted this, I ended up disconnecting and reconnecting all connectors with hope that something wasn't properly mated. I also pushed on the connector side pins (which mate to the PCM) to make sure everything was properly seated. It appeared two weren't. I'm hoping this was the culprit. I've put approximately 150 miles on the car since and no issues thus far. Hopefully it remains this way!

Thanks again!

Back