Dyno with 4r70w tranny.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO that is way too high a stall for that trans on a street car. If it's set for 4000, it's probably slipping in the 5000 range which is good for a big boost track duty car but wouldn't be ideal to me for a street/strip car.

Mine is set at about 2800 & slips to about 3800 and I found that to be perfect with a TS set-up like you have. On a no lock-up 4r70, I personally wouldn't want the set stall any higher than 3200 for my street car. Track duty is a different story and set-up. Your gears/tires will play a big role in the effectiveness of the stall also.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trans swap

IMO that is way too high a stall for that trans on a street car. If it's set for 4000, it's probably slipping in the 5000 range which is good for a big boost track duty car but wouldn't be ideal to me for a street/strip car.

Mine is set at about 2800 & slips to about 3800 and I found that to be perfect with a TS set-up like you have. On a no lock-up 4r70, I personally wouldn't want the set stall any higher than 3200 for my street car. Track duty is a different story and set-up. Your gears/tires will play a big role in the effectiveness of the stall also.

My car will see more track than street in the near future,i have driven it on the street & it seems ok.I am boosting 10 psi & plan on going the max of the 2.6 KB.My gear ratio is 3.55 stock with the old manual trans.I do have a diff locker on it.Tires are 17" MT Dot Drag (not radials).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back