4R70W install-S197...Here is a Write Up for you!

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
That's correct.
Soon as you let go of the button it falls out of OD/lock up? (I know they lock it up with 4th, this is standard)

What makes the relay “auto reset” if you have to hold the button to keep it in 4th.
You have this set up or this is based on reading?
It’s just hard to believe people would be so into this set up if you have to have your finger holding a button down the entire time you’re on the freeway.

46addict

Reaction score
It falls out of OD when the button is released and there is a separate button for lockup if you wish to lock the converter before you get to 3rd. Here's a wiring diagram to help visualize things. I bought a car with this setup and I need to update my signature.

005%20-%20Copy.jpg

And yes I agree with what you're saying. I emailed Fred to see if there's a toggle bypass for the OD.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
You could add a toggle to the same circuit, then you would have both the button for reverse and TB functions and use the switch for OD. Wire them in parallel.

46addict

Reaction score
Thanks. I knew I could get someone here to confirm if this would work or not.
So am I splicing in a toggle to the green wire? Will the button need to be pressed for reverse and TB once I get the toggle on?

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
One side of the toggle to the green wire and the other side to the 12v fused. Wire it along side the button, not inline with it.

46addict

Reaction score
I talked to someone at FB and they said the relay has an "auto reset" where I can use the momentary switch to keep the car in OD if I click the button. Doing this did not work in my car so I was told to test the pressure switch and this switch works as it's intended to.

The next step is to check continuity of the orange wire w/ yellow stripe in the wiring diagram above. This goes from the relay box to the 9 pin connector which is part of what controls the OD function.

If this checks out, my last ditch solution is to wire in the toggle. I'm dense when it comes to wiring. What do you mean by wiring it along side the button? If any part of the green wire is going to the toggle, wouldn't this make it "in-line"?

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I talked to someone at FB and they said the relay has an "auto reset" where I can use the momentary switch to keep the car in OD if I click the button. Doing this did not work in my car so I was told to test the pressure switch and this switch works as it's intended to.

The next step is to check continuity of the orange wire w/ yellow stripe in the wiring diagram above. This goes from the relay box to the 9 pin connector which is part of what controls the OD function.

If this checks out, my last ditch solution is to wire in the toggle. I'm dense when it comes to wiring. What do you mean by wiring it along side the button? If any part of the green wire is going to the toggle, wouldn't this make it "in-line"?
You need to make it work as intended, I figured the 'auto-reset" meant you shouldn't have to hold it but I have never installed one so I din't want to say it as a fact. You need to figure out why it isn't working, the toggle shouldn't be required and is prolly a bad idea considering you are forcing the controller to work as a bandaid.
Parallel means side by side, where as inline can be thought of as a daisy chain.
One side of your toggle switch would be from the 12v source and the other side would tap the green wire to accomplish your goals and keep the button.
"inline" really isn't applicable here so I'm not sure I should attempt to explain it in this text. IMG_8439.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back