dynoed without a CAI

pitbull4.6

forum member
Reaction score
New to this form, so whats up:beer:.
I just got finished droping in the mutha thumpr cams and delete plates.
My friend has a shop so we ran it on the dyno, in addition the car has
mac shorty headers, prochamber with cat deletes, and 40 series flowmasters for bolt ons.
I am waiting on the WMS intake and a tune from bamachips, so for now it has a factory air box:roflmao:.I hope it does alot better then it did, my guy tuned it the best he could without the CAI, he says its really hurting me and i dont dout it, but really how much more should i see. From what im seeing on here is guys with close to the same setup are getting 330/350rwhp.That means im down like 50rwhp, just doesnt sound right.
my question is does anyone run the WMS and how is it working for ya?
alot of people are runin the C&L racer im starting to wonder, it must be for a good reason, i should of looked around more before ordering. I did get the 95mm kit if it maters. thanks for any input good or bad :bigbeer:

Attachments

• Steve Duggan[1].jpg
    Steve Duggan[1].jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 81

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
290rwhp sounds about right for your mods. Get that cai and tune on and you will easily see another 10+rwhp. What tune do u have for the delete plates?

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
i dont think shorties and motha thunprs are considered big powered mods. most people go with the comp nsr's instead of thumprs.

pitbull4.6

forum member
Reaction score
with luck i hope to be somewhere over 300
I do have a DSS short block for spring but thats for the nitrous, i want over 300 n/a.
then we plan on spraying a 200 shot

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Is it an auto? I think not having a tune is hurting you big time. With a GOOD tune and the CAI you should easily break 300rwhp. I'd say even more around 315ish should be accomplishable assuming you have an auto. Shorties do not do much for these engines, period.

Good luck on the future engine build.

Looking at the graph, your engine is clearly falling on it's face after 4300rpm.

Does this guy know how to tune the VCT for the phaser limiters? Looks like something isn't right if he actually tuned it whether or not there is a CAI on the car or not....

Last edited:

pitbull4.6

forum member
Reaction score
may have just posted wrong.I do have the DSS short block. but its not put in, we plane on doing that over this winter.
BTW usafimj whats haveing a short block have to do with cams and my set up? :asshat:
It is a 5 speed,and no Im not sure the guy knows what hes doing.He sounds like he knows what hes doin. Any way Im waiting on a tune from bamachip,that should be alot better one then whats in it. thanks for the input....:beerdrink:

Last edited:

pitbull4.6

forum member
Reaction score
so even with a stock air box do ya think the power curve should look better?
Also whats up with the shorty headers? with my old 5.0 it didnt seem really any better to have long tubes vs shorties,(seat of the pants feel)anyway imo.
Everyone seems to say the same thing , GET LONG TUBES.
My problem is to change half my exhaust will it really make a huge diff or what? cause that could get costly.

hammeron

forum member
Reaction score
pitbull, follow up when you get the
cai and the tune finalized. i'd like to
see how it's doing at that point also.

pitbull4.6

forum member
Reaction score
:makeadeal:Read the whole thread. I just said that i prob posted it wrong.
I will clear it up though....ITS NOT IN THE CAR YET STILL UNDER PLASTIC... thanks anyways though.:bong:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was really teasing, but it wasn't #46 that caught my attention. Actually, I cannot believe you really called everyone in that thread on Modded Mustangs, "dicks." Also, you did it with 40 posts or less? Gutsy!

I know I am picking at you a bit but I was really suprised at those posts. You did apologize and that takes a big guy, I know. I have to applaud you for that.

FWIW: Get some sort of controler and an extra fogger nozzle or 7 before you run that 250 shot. I ran a two stage controler and a 175hp on my '96 Cobra. I have never felt it was safe to put anything over 100hp on a single nozzle before the throttle body and everything over 200hp or so should be a direct port of some type. It is hard to atomize that amount of fuel over a long distance, like through a long runner intake with bends and a large plenum. It's more dough, but your Mustang will thank you.

Last edited:

pitbull4.6

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for the feed back....I have the nx plate system i was hopeing it would work better then a nozzle type set up. i guess we will see, Ya it was kind of gutsy but i was gettin razzed,just was in a bad mood. hope no body took it personal. PEACE

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
ditching the factory intake and getting a good tune will make a sgnificant difference, especially up top.

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
from the lok of your graph i would say the tuner isnt very good with the vtc either

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back