Eibach Pro Kit Springs

wazslow

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody else have problems with the Eibach pro kit lowering springs? My ride is garbage now. My exhaust now rubs the body. The rear constantly hits the bump stops and I am very close to putting the stock springs back in the car. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Here is the way the car currently sits.

Tinted50.jpg

100_1765.jpg

100_1764.jpg

Last edited:

postalworker

forum member
Reaction score
I had them on the 05 with no problems, and have a set waiting to go on the 11 right now.

Last edited:

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's the thing about the Eibachs. They look awesome, but ride like crap. Unless you like it really firm and feel every bump in the road, it's just something you have to deal with. I have the same sentiments as you with my car.

wazslow

forum member
Reaction score
Then I guess Im going back to stock ride height, because its just not even fun to drive the car anymore. I didnt pay to have this thing just sit in the garage!

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
New Struts, shocks and strut mounts should solve your problem easily. I love the new ride height and yeah my car rides like crap right now but when I get the following up top then I will like it again.

wazslow

forum member
Reaction score
New Struts, shocks and strut mounts should solve your problem easily. I love the new ride height and yeah my car rides like crap right now but when I get the following up top then I will like it again.

Id rather put the stock springs back on and save for my Procharger...LOL I do like the way the car looks lowered, but I just cant stand the ride.

chutoyy

forum member
Reaction score
I have a pro-kit on my 2010... I'm having no problems with the ride... How bad are your roads? =O

Also, it could be your tire/rim combo.

bad10GT

Mark it zero!
Reaction score
man that sucks, your local to philly right? I can take you for a spin in my car which has Steeda Ultralites . I love the ride and the drop is just right.

11GrabberGT

Reaction score
When I drop mine Im goin with Steeda sport springs I think its only a inch drop

Freshmeat

forum member
Reaction score
I have the UPR springs but they were made by Eibach. If you cut the rear bumpstops in half you'll see a massive improvement in ride quality. If you don't like that idea you can get a new pair for around $20 and cut them so your original stops aren't being cut.

That said, all my suspension stuff is coming off this weekend. I want the stock ride back, at the cost of the 4x4 look.

cshiznitzj

forum member
Reaction score
My exhaust now rubs the body.
/QUOTE]

I am lowered on ford racing k springs and the ride is fine but my Magnaflow comp drivers side exhaust pipe hits the axle when the rear suspension is compressed an inch.

JV doose

forum member
Reaction score
like mentioned above you probably gotta cut the bump stops a bit for the cheapest fix ... if not either swap em out or buy shocks/struts

wazslow

forum member
Reaction score
man that sucks, your local to philly right? I can take you for a spin in my car which has Steeda Ultralites . I love the ride and the drop is just right.

Yeah, Im close to Philly. I appreciate the offer, but I think Im going to put the stock springs back on. Id rather the 4x4 look and a nice ride rather than look good and a terrible ride.

Freshmeat

forum member
Reaction score
Seriously consider cutting the bumpstops. It improved my ride 10x easily. Now it's not nearly as harsh. If it weren't for my solid LCAs with poly bushings it would ride almost like stock.

The bumpstops are foam like a Nerf football took me 15 minutes to cut mine.

GroverDill

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this, I am considering lowering mine but want to retain the stock like ride.

Steeda Sports seem to be the way to go.

FWIW the car looks great lowered.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back