end MT-82 miss shifts

claudermilk

Reaction score
Lethal Performance is selling them now.
Well, that exclusive deal didn't last long...

My bracket got delayed, but shows as on the truck for delivery today. So now I can look at it for a couple of weeks (and miss having the stuff installed for this weekend's event :/ ).

claudermilk

Reaction score
Bracket showed up late yesterday (must have been the last box on the truck). Damn, this thing is beefy! Nothing is going to move once it's on. Now I have to get a little time not wrangling screaming toddlers to take a look at how this fits with the MGW.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is how you do it CORRECTLY!!!

Scribe the holes on the heat shield from the upper portion of the BF bracket for drilling.

Put rubber hose over the frame studs to keep the vibration away between the studs and rear shifter bracket

Holes cut/drilled on the heat shield and noise cancelling material from the MGW package

Assemble BF bracket AND MGW Heatshield/noise cancelling matte.........NO PROBLEM!!

Applause.gif

:hi:

Blowjob Racing sent me a shifter bracket with a cross-threaded hole I had to fix:tdown:

Last edited:

claudermilk

Reaction score
Well, there you go. Thanks, Darren. :thumb:

I haven't even been able to look at my parts yet aside from an initial glance & check that everything is there..

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I was befuddled at the orientation of the new shifter bracket adapter with the BF brace. The OEM one bolts to the floorboard whereas the BF Shifter bracket adapter bolts to the MGW which hangs suspended until bolted to the upper portion of the shifter bracket.

The shifter height or adjustments that can be made by pushing up or down on the bottom of the shifter and then bolting them down has me critically thinking on where would be the best adjustment of the shifter before securing it in the desired place. I have mine pretty much all the way down and it seems fine.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I was befuddled at the orientation of the new shifter bracket adapter with the BF brace. The OEM one bolts to the floorboard whereas the BF Shifter bracket adapter bolts to the MGW which hangs suspended until bolted to the upper portion of the shifter bracket.

The shifter height or adjustments that can be made by pushing up or down on the bottom of the shifter and then bolting them down has me critically thinking on where would be the best adjustment of the shifter before securing it in the desired place. I have mine pretty much all the way down and it seems fine.

Mine ended up almost all the way down but it was rattling against the factory stud in the tunnel. I had to pull it all the way down and slightly it to the back in order to clear the stud and get rid of the vibration.

IMG_2864.jpg

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Mine ended up almost all the way down but it was rattling against the factory stud in the tunnel. I had to pull it all the way down and slightly it to the back in order to clear the stud and get rid of the vibration.

Exactly where mine ended up to clear and not make contact.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Brian, did you mess with the orientation of #1 in the pic.....ie...turn it around? I wonder where that would put #2 at in reference to clearing the chassis frame studs?????

I have mine like you have yours but I was wondering about my question when I was under the car but I wasn't about to re-do what had already taken me 5 hrs to do since I had to mock it up several times to cut the heatshield and noise canceling matte!!!!!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Darren, I'm wondering if turning #2 around (the MGW bracket) would work. Since the entire deal is all the way at the end of the two mounting bars right now, there should be plenty of room to put the bracket closer to the shifter without actually touching the shifter body.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Darren, I'm wondering if turning #2 around (the MGW bracket) would work. Since the entire deal is all the way at the end of the two mounting bars right now, there should be plenty of room to put the bracket closer to the shifter without actually touching the shifter body.

The PIC in the instructions has the orientation of #2 like we have it............not to say that it couldn't be rotated, but at least I know that's correct regarding the instructions, its #1 that's a crap shoot as far as the instructions are concerned and since the bolt holes in the BF adapter plate may or may not move the MGW part if rotated is the reason for my question.

Heck, get under there and rotate all of them around and LMK.....LOL!!!! My car is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to low for me to jack up again. It's a chinese circus the way I have to get my car off the ground!!!!! LOL

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I think I see what you're saying now..............duh!!!!!! If you just rotated the MGW shifter part around and left the BF Bracket adapter part in the same orientation as the pic it would move the MGW Bracket TOWARDS the shifter box and likely clear the studs??

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I would need to confirm there's enough clearance so the bolt heads on the MGW bracket don't hit the shifter body.

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
I dunno about the rest of you MGW guys but I would just remove the studs entirely if they are causing that much of an issue with fitment. The studs aren't that hard to replace if you ever needed to revert back to the factory style shifter bracket. Two 10mm threaded studs and four nuts would install right back in the same....Just my .02....

-Nick

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Brian, did you mess with the orientation of #1 in the pic.....ie...turn it around? I wonder where that would put #2 at in reference to clearing the chassis frame studs?????

I have mine like you have yours but I was wondering about my question when I was under the car but I wasn't about to re-do what had already taken me 5 hrs to do since I had to mock it up several times to cut the heatshield and noise canceling matte!!!!!

I turned #1 around but left #2 as recommended by MGW (and as shown above) in order to place the MGW rear bracket well back from those studs. The two posts on the back of the shifter body only reach about 3/4 of the way through the bushing now, but it seems to be working fine like that. The MGW bracket (#2) is wider where that bushing retaining plate attaches and I thought turning it around would place that wider part closer to the studs, so left the plate facing rearward as MGW instructs.

I also have the BF bracket adjusted all the way down. The shifter only sits about 1/8" lower inside the car compared to with the MGW alone.

Last edited:

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
So. No bracket yet. I was playing around and trying some good hammering through the gears. For me 2-3 did not present a lockout. 1-2 though was impossible. Anyone ever experience that? If so did the BF bracket help?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I turned #1 around but left #2 as recommended by MGW (and as shown above) in order to place the MGW rear bracket well back from those studs. The two posts on the back of the shifter body only reach about 3/4 of the way through the bushing now, but it seems to be working fine like that. The MGW bracket (#2) is wider where that bushing retaining plate attaches and I thought turning it around would place that wider part closer to the studs, so left the plate facing rearward as MGW instructs.

I also have the BF bracket adjusted all the way down. The shifter only sits about 1/8" lower inside the car compared to with the MGW alone.

Thanks for you input. In reference to the shifter height I noticed with the slots cut into the BF Bracket for adjustment that it wouldn't allow much height adjustment anyways so I was good with it down most of the way in the adjustment of the shifter. I didn't want any metal to metal contact if I would have shoved the shifter all the way up and with the design of the bracket the transmission and shifter SHOULD all be likened to one unit now. So the movement/torquing should be linear to the whole transmission/shifter.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I truly hope this bracket makes you guys able to shift like John Force, considering the cost, effort, and headaches it appears to be causing. I think I'll stay with my Barton for now.

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
I truly hope this bracket makes you guys able to shift like John Force, considering the cost, effort, and headaches it appears to be causing. I think I'll stay with my Barton for now.

I think you're reading too much into a simple discussion. The bracket isn't magic, but it makes a big difference and is not hard to install. It's not cheap, but so far is say it's the best $ I've spent on my car to date.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score

lol, I'll step up and be "that guy" John Force doesn't shift his car......just saying. and I don't think this bracket is a headache for anyone really, I'm reading people having a hard time grasping the fact that there is more vibration with the bracket in place.

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk

Back