English Town Raceway Rental - Pics and VIds of my first 1/4 Mile racing event

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Ive never run a 1/4 Mile track before, ive done an 1/8th mile event at a rented air strip, with no timing equipment in my NA 07 GT, it was fun but I needed to do the real deal.I have yet to do the 1/4 mile or Drag race the Saleen, a local Club called exotics Rally, whom I ran the Pocono Raceway with was doing an Etown rental so i joined them. They rented the track on a Saturday night from 5 – 10pm, we had about 60 cars a crew and access to a Press booth with catered food and drinks and Air conditioning, all for under $200.

We all gathered at the staging lanes and MAN was it a sight to see, C6’s, Viper, Benz AMG’s, Lambo Superlaggera, Trans AM TT, GTR’s, M5, Shelby GT350, nice group of cars. We got our tech cars and were quickly inspected and by 5:40 we already started running. Cars were blasting off every 30 seconds, I made 17! Passes in total through the evening, we stopped a few times for coolant spills, the Viper did a couple 360’s into the next lane but luckily dint meet the wall.

It was HOT! Time slips say 100 Degrees, 170 Track Temp!!! My best time of the day was 13.08 @ 109.7 MPH, I was running Pirello Rosso 20” street tires, all my 60’s were 2.xx, I either bogged down or spinned too much. At first I was trying to roll into the starts, one guy saugessted coming out of the hole faster, try to keep my weight on the rear wheels. That strategy worked over rolling into the start, so long as I did not spin through all of first gear...

AIT’s were a problem, especially because of the consecutive runs, the AIT was at 150 deg at the start line and by the finish line I was at 170, I can feel the intense heat coming through the trans tunnel, im sure that had a lot to do with the 13 sec times, I was SO CLOSE but couldn’t break into the 12’s, I have to come back on a cool day and see what she will do.

I saw one of the GTR’s run a 10.9! The Viper ran a 12.1 and the Lambo a 12.5, there was a ProCharged C6 that ran in the 11’s but he was having a lot of tech issues that kept him from doing well. The TT Trans AM was FAST but couldn’t find any traction, he was trapping over 130 MPH!

All in all everyone had a great time, i could see how you Drag guys can really into it but if i had to wait all day to make 4 passes, it would not be as much fun.

This was my best run of the day, left lane was the 89 Trans Am TT V8, this thing was super bad, he was having traction issues so I pulled away in the start but once he hooked up and starting spooling he reeled me in…

Running the ProChared C6 Corvette, he had some issues otherwise he woulda totally killed me but its always nice to see a Ford beat Chebby, even if it’s a TKO.

EnglishTownRaceWay.jpg

IMG_5570.jpg

IMG_5567.jpg

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

IMG_5561.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

IMG_5560.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5595.jpg

IMG_5598-1.jpg

EnglishTownRaceWayslip13.jpg

edit

Here a spectator video of that Viper Almost wiping out and taking the C6 with him.

Last edited:

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
sweet pics

at first when you said TTA I thought you meant the super rare annaversery one that has a turbo 4.3 like the typhoon and syclone. that was a v8 with twins, no wonder why he ran past you LOL.

I actually really like 3rd gen T/As. I have had 2 of them and they can be great cars with the right mods. to many people with mullets give 3rd gens a bad name LOL.

also with waiting all day, that is just par for the course at a track like raceway park. drag racing is very popular and tracks only have 2 lanes. every track I have ever been to tries to get everyone 3 runs but its tough.

also the idiots who baught the property around raceway park only looked at paper value when they baught. then they built mansions and rich people moved in. ever since then they have been trying to get rid of the track. this is why they have so many issues with vehicles having to be muffled and having to end racing by a certain time. just incase you were wondering

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
looks like a good time! I would have went!
was this with L4P? I went with them to a rental oct 2010.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
ditto, I would have gone as well. thanks for the invite lol jk

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
looks like a good time! I would have went!
was this with L4P? I went with them to a rental oct 2010.

I went with Exotics Rally but it was a joint event with L4P.

this is why they have so many issues with vehicles having to be muffled and having to end racing by a certain time. just incase you were wondering

One guy bought out a crazy Civic but it was unmuff'd and they wouldnt let him run.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so i woulda been the fastest car there? lol

Great pics awesome cars. Glad you had a great time. You should come to the S197 Rental in october if you haventsigned up yet

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
so i woulda been the fastest car there? lol

Great pics awesome cars. Glad you had a great time. You should come to the S197 Rental in october if you haventsigned up yet

Id love to but its a weekday and Oct is very busy at work, perhaps ill be able to make it happen come closer to the day...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
congrats Moses.

did the GTR have a roll bar?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^get a damn roll bar already lol.

:kma:

I'm asking because when I had the vert, I was asked to stop running at Etown, when I ran a 12.1

I did not notice one, they were pretty laxed on the rules that night, i have a feeling they would look the other way.

yea, I wonder, the few rentals I've been there for, they have been d-bags

I'll never go back there.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I did not notice one, they were pretty laxed on the rules that night, i have a feeling they would look the other way.

either he just got lucky and the tech diddn't ask him how fast he was gonna go, or money was involved.

raceway park is freaking anal about safety tech

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back