Exhaust System for 06 GT

Walter

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought an 06 GT and I already have an idea of what I want to do with it. First up is exhaust. I want to make it louder, but I want it to still be legal. I was thinking of getting some sort of catback exhaust and then installing BBK shorty headers. I read that shorty headers bolt right up onto stock cats, but that was for a completely different car. If I install BBK shorties on my 06 4.6 GT, will they bolt onto the oem cats? If so, would I also still be able to install a catback exhaust?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
This is still in the tech section? 32 minutes has to be a new record on exhaust tone chit chat remaining here.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is still in the tech section? 32 minutes has to be a new record on exhaust tone chit chat remaining here.
ya know there's only so much time in the day

Walter - please review the posting rules. Thread moved

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shorties aren't worth the time & effort to install.

Also most exhaust setups for these cars are "axle backs" because the mufflers are at the back of the car, so many only replace the mufflers- which is all you really need to replace because the factory pipes are 2.5" and mandrel bent.

What kind of sound are you looking for because there is a myriad of options out there. I've had 4 or 5 axle backs on my car myself, and just changed the one on my car out for a different one I had sitting in the garage.

Laga

Reaction score
I have a 05 GT. It does have a Edelbrock supercharger, though. If you are looking for a good sounding exhaust, Kooks LT headers and catted H pipe along with Borla Stingers give a great tone. I have been to five track days, and at every single one, I had a stranger come up to me and say they love the exhaust sound of the car. The last one was two weeks ago. A guy comes up to me and asks what exhaust I have, because the wife says she wants their Mustang to sound like mine.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back