F150 Ecoboost Builds

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bad day today; installed a FMIC, went on a test drive, little boost and boom, limp mode, service advance trac, no hill descent, no traction control, wrench light on...and code 2101 indicating a TB issue so getting towed to the dealer, fingers crossed thats all it is.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Bad day today; installed a FMIC, went on a test drive, little boost and boom, limp mode, service advance trac, no hill descent, no traction control, wrench light on...and code 2101 indicating a TB issue so getting towed to the dealer, fingers crossed thats all it is.
Damn man. You werent meant to have an ecoboost. Hope it's a simple fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score

Did it maybe just pop a coupler?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nope, back from the dealership and TB replaced, all good; ordering a spare since both my vehicles use the same TB and I would be pissed if this happened to me on a trip and I can swap it in 20 mins.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Question for you Gents -

Customer of ours just called me up with some questions. 2015 3.5L EcoBoost 4WD. Currently running Thermostat, Downpipe, Catback, and Cold Air. All courtesy of Livernois. Right now he's making 408/526 to the wheels and ran an 11.9 recently. He's wanting to run meth and upgrade the intercooler. Should he just source the intercooler from Livernois as well? Anyone here running meth on their EB? Pros/Cons?

Thanks fellas.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot about meth but...you have to mount the container unless you use the kit that uses the w/w fluid, need to wire in the pump and if they are smart some light to indicate how much fluid is left to avoid running out and going WOT at the same time. I would advise them away from LNS as they cannot data log with their devices, they are not as intuitive as the X4 or ngauge and it restricts your ability to go somewhere else if you are not happy with LNS's tuning. I just installed the AFE FMIC and it is a bit of a pain and I could not get the stock plastic coupler to attach via the small paper clip thin c clip snap ring to hold it on the drivers side but a 4x3 silicone coupler fits like a glove.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Question for you Gents -

Customer of ours just called me up with some questions. 2015 3.5L EcoBoost 4WD. Currently running Thermostat, Downpipe, Catback, and Cold Air. All courtesy of Livernois. Right now he's making 408/526 to the wheels and ran an 11.9 recently. He's wanting to run meth and upgrade the intercooler. Should he just source the intercooler from Livernois as well? Anyone here running meth on their EB? Pros/Cons?

Thanks fellas.

I question the validity of this. The truck would have to weigh 3500#.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I question the validity of this. The truck would have to weigh 3500#.

I thought those figures sounded a little padded myself, but it's not in my best interest to call out a customer. At lease one that I don't have a relationship with yet.

By the way, it seems we have a very good mutual friend - Greg Pollet. When's the transformation going down on his truck?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I thought those figures sounded a little padded myself, but it's not in my best interest to call out a customer. At lease one that I don't have a relationship with yet.

By the way, it seems we have a very good mutual friend - Greg Pollet. When's the transformation going down on his truck?

Certain shops have been known to pad their 1/4mi and dyno numbers quite a bit..............................:whistle1:

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with BedRug, the carpet-looking liner? I was checking it out on my customers truck the other day and while I typically put spray-ins on my demonstrator trucks... I just bought a new truck and think I may go this route.

Last edited:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with BedRug, the carpet-looking liner? I was checking it out on my customers truck the other day and while I typically put spray-ins on my demonstrator trucks... I just bought a new truck and think I may go this route.

They are awesome. I had one in a 00 Chevy. I would own one again in a heartbeat.

EDIT: just had to clarify. I'd own a BedRug liner again in a heartbeat, not a 00 Chevy.

Sent from iPhone

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
It seems pretty good. Feels just like carpet but it's made of polypropylene. the one I took a look has been used for 3-4 years and it has taken quiet a beating. I like how it is very thick on the bottom and contours around the bed ribs, then you can remove it if you want to clean your bed.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Admit it...you love 00 Chevy's. :p

I actually did really like the truck. Didn't mean to be hating on the truck. Just been there done that.

What is the durability like with those things?

Mine held up very well. I sold the truck after only about 2 years, but the girl I sold it to kept it about 4 more years and it still was in great shape.

It seems pretty good. Feels just like carpet but it's made of polypropylene. the one I took a look has been used for 3-4 years and it has taken quiet a beating. I like how it is very thick on the bottom and contours around the bed ribs, then you can remove it if you want to clean your bed.

The only thing I worried about long term in an open bed was the backing material. But a friend of mine's dad had one for 10 years or so in an open bed. It seamed to be still in great shape even after that length of time.

The one I had was from Godfather's Customs.

Sent from iPhone

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tracked the truck today and best run was a 13.1@101 with a 1.7 60 ft. Pulled 300 lbs of stuff out of it, lol.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The aftermath. Lol

0c2a674ae31c50da1329086dfde94722.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back