PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Had to feel good huh Brad.

"The problem is, only your back wheels are turning"

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
It was pretty fun lol I told him if I got it out I got to do a burnout I got to get the mud of the tires so that was fun too
I asked him why he switched from a 4x4 to a 2 wheel drive truck and he said I didn't think this truck would be anywhere to get stuck lol

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
You guys have me wanting to go look at some tomorrow. Been thinking about getting a 4x4 for a while

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I may not have really explained that very well. The resistance is not when turning, but when coming out of the turn turning the steering wheel back to center. I never notice it when moving slow or stopped. Its almost feels like the steering arm is rubbing on something or a caster setting. I looked when I got home from work today and couldn't see anything that may cause it.

The only other complaint I've had so far on this truck is the tailgate step. It is ok for its purpose but it already rattles or clunks really when you hit a hard bump. I can imagine when it gets a few years of use.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ordered my X3 with tunes from MPT based on Franchi's recommendation.

Appreciate it bud.

Great price and already shipped, same day.

Got the programmer this morning. Less than 48 hours from FL to CA with free shipping.

Again, I appreciate the advice Franchi!

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I'm trying my best to hold out till the 2015 refresh before getting my next truck. It will be an ecoboost, I LOVE our EB Flex.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Got the programmer this morning. Less than 48 hours from FL to CA with free shipping.

Again, I appreciate the advice Franchi!

For sure man! Mike there at MPT was the head tuner at SCT for 6 years so def knows what he is doing. Truck should rip now, was night and day difference on my ecoboost.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I am really starting to establish a love/hate relationship with this truck! I love driving it. I love it's capabilities. But, damn I hate washing it! Lol! It's seems like it takes twice the effort of the 03. Just seems so huge.

Sent from iPhone

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
I hear that, my 03 was a extended cab and it was a ton easier to wash. I look at it and all the time it takes to wash it is all worth it

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
I am really starting to establish a love/hate relationship with this truck! I love driving it. I love it's capabilities. But, damn I hate washing it! Lol! It's seems like it takes twice the effort of the 03. Just seems so huge.

Sent from iPhone

Haha I hear ya. I got the four door one with 6.5 bed, I can detail both the mustang and my wife's car in time t takes to do the truck

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I think this truck needs a 3rd turbo. Can you imagine someone asking you if it's twin turbo, and you say no broski....it's got 3 turbosuperchargers.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Any of you lost your intercooler a yet?

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1168813-intercooler-condensation-buildup.html

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1164794-4000-miles-in-2-weeks-with-my-2012-ecoboost.html

I lost one two weeks ago. Still waiting on parts. Dealer stated Ford can't keep up with the amount if parts it's loosing. I don't like the TSB either. Blocking part of the intercooler...can't be good for power.

On a separate note, I did pickup a 6.2 yesterday. It runs like a spotted ape!

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score
Any of you lost your intercooler a yet?

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1168813-intercooler-condensation-buildup.html

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1164794-4000-miles-in-2-weeks-with-my-2012-ecoboost.html

I lost one two weeks ago. Still waiting on parts. Dealer stated Ford can't keep up with the amount if parts it's loosing. I don't like the TSB either. Blocking part of the intercooler...can't be good for power.

On a separate note, I did pickup a 6.2 yesterday. It runs like a spotted ape!

This seems to have been an issue for awhile and the first try at a fix was to install an air deflector plate on the top of the intercooler. This worked for some, but not everyone.

There is now a new intercooler that seems to be on all of the 2013's and there's a TSB (12-10-19 attached) for the 2011 and 2012's. I've got a bit over 5,000 miles on my 2012 and have not had an issue as of yet (had the air deflector plate on it when I bought it).

Attachments

• tsb12-10-19.pdf
    709.9 KB · Views: 12

CATNHAT

forum member
Reaction score
Nice truck! Still cant believe you can tint your windshield like that! Totally changes the look! Love it!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back