F150 Ecoboost Builds

Mustang259

forum member
Reaction score
I believe they don't sell because they are not available, many buyers settle for what,s on the lot, if a 2dr sport truck aint there it can't be sold.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Cam, Im curious, why is there such aversion by dealers to keep standard cab short bed F150"s on their lots, my local dealer seldom has one and if they do its spec'd as a basic work or service truck?
It would be great to see a few 2 door, short bed sport trucks offered by Ford, cause not everyone needs a extended cab or 4 door, matter of fact for me they don't work at all.
Like I said , just curious

They just don't sell that well. I mean look at the Tremor, up until a few months ago I had a dealer calling me up to tell me they still had it available and they received it back in December of 2014 IIRC.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Cam, do you know if it is possible to have a dealer swap in the 36 gal tank on the newer ones? I read a guide for a DIY project for the 11 and 12s, but they still had to get the dealer to re-program the computer.

I'm sure you can. We do a lot of 50gal upgrades in Super Duty trucks, and it is just a simple IDS reprogram to have the fuel gauge read the tank properly.

Cam, Im curious, why is there such aversion by dealers to keep standard cab short bed F150"s on their lots, my local dealer seldom has one and if they do its spec'd as a basic work or service truck?
It would be great to see a few 2 door, short bed sport trucks offered by Ford, cause not everyone needs a extended cab or 4 door, matter of fact for me they don't work at all.
Like I said , just curious

2015 was a very strange production year. Halfway through the run, Ford had a frame shortage and you could not order any regular cabs, regardless of bed length. They wanted any frame materials to go to trucks that had higher volume sales. This ticked me off a lot because I didn't get any for the entire year and had a good amount of demand. 2016's you will see more. I just sold 3 last week and ordered 15 of them yesterday, regular cab with 8' bed. They are my bread and butter for construction crews.

I only order them in XL trim. Other than those trims, they are bastard units. There is zero demand for those trucks outside of a work trim. Even Supercab demand is low - I only order them in XL or XLT trim. Once in a blue moon I'll have a customer want a Lariat Supercab.

They just don't sell that well. I mean look at the Tremor, up until a few months ago I had a dealer calling me up to tell me they still had it available and they received it back in December of 2014 IIRC.

The Tremors were a monumental fail. I had a lot of people ask me why they didn't sell and it is easy to explain - The sport truck market between the 90s and early 2000s disappeared. All the individuals who bought them (Chevrolet SS 454, Gen 1 and 2 Lightning, GMC Cyclone, etc etc)... they all grew up and had families. They need four doors for the kids, or the days of hotrodding are over. Today's market doesn't see value in a 2 seater truck.

Last edited:

Mustang259

forum member
Reaction score
thanks Cam, that explains a lot , the weird thing is I see a lot of ram 1500 std cab short beds with the hemi v8, both on the road and on the local dealer's lot and it seems as though they are filling a market niche for that style of truck, Im not a dodge/ram fan but it seems they are the only way to go at this point in time. Ive owned Ford for years and it just seems they are a big enough company to supply any market niche.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Most of the regular cabs, when I was selling them, were for high school kids and work trucks, as Cam stated. Only had 1 older couple where the wife bought the husband one (they didn't have kids, so didn't need extra doors).

Had the Tremor not come in ONLY 4.10 gears, I probably would have bought one. That was the one thing keeping me from the Tremor.

Other than that, the price differences between the regular cab, ext. cab, and SCrew, especially with the rebates, are pretty small. That and around here, at least, the rebates tend to be higher on the Ext. cab and SCrew. I think when I bought mine, it was only about $700 difference between Ext. and SCrew, which is why I went with the SCrew. I would have been totally happy with the Ext. cab.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not a fan just because I don't like the black/red theme.

The red fabric/leather/piping of these packages go too far for me, but just red stitch I like

I didn't think the Sports came with the black headlight housings which I think was my favorite thing about the FX trucks.

The darker lights always makes a difference, look at say the 05 Harley F250. I look at the 13ish nonFx4's due to pricing, and figure just swap out for the FX lights. I know the HID's are better, but I think the halogen FX's are the best looking

That and they didn't make FX4's in the dark blue, or at least I've never seen one, which baffles me

Even Supercab demand is low

I don't see too many, I understand why most want the screw but I mainly just want the inside dry storage, and the 6.5 bed to camp with/haul, without getting too long going screw w/6.5 the supercab6.5 is perfect. Infrequently I see really low price fx4's, get excited click the link and bam it's a single cab

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked up my 2016 Magnetic Lariat 4x4 3.5TT F150 from Cam on Wed; drove it from VA to PA Thur, installed the AFE dry oil CAI, shorty antenna, Ford all weather mats, and Truxedo low profile roll up tonneau cover.

Options:
501A
3.55 gears
Twin panel moonroof
Pro trailer backup/max tow package
Nav
FX4
36 gal tank
Lariat sport app package

I drove 4 hours to OH today and avg 15.5 mpg on the way out on the last of the 87 tank; filled up with 93/installed the Unleashed Tuning tune and wow wow wow...4 hour trip back avg 18.9 mpg, had so much more power and passing was scary..hit 95 mph in a heartbeat! I have one heat range colder plugs and Amsoil to go in it, I like to change the oil between 500-1000 miles to get the break in junk out.

After 800 miles I am blown away with this truck; quiet, smooth, comfortable and power...zero complaints so far! Sync 3 display is so much nicer than MFT, glad I waited for the 16!

Many thanks to Cam for an awesome deal and picking me up at the airport!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I forgot to remind you - I had your truck filled up with 93 for the delivery since I figured a tune was in order. LOL

Thanks again for your returned business Greg!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
So my buddy was over yesterday that works for Watson (they do the Cobra Jets for Ford). He's had a few of the new EcoRaptors on the dyno now. Stone stock they thump out a touch over 400hp.

That's what my full bolt on 12' makes!

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
So my buddy was over yesterday that works for Watson (they do the Cobra Jets for Ford). He's had a few of the new EcoRaptors on the dyno now. Stone stock they thump out a touch over 400hp.

That's what my full bolt on 12' makes!

Holy shit, that's like 60hp more than the 6.2 makes :omfg:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Congrats Greg. The diablo takes an hour to pull and store the stock tune off the ECU. That blows! How do you like the bed cover. I'm still in the market for one.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Love the bed cover, easy to install, wrap up if you have things to put in the bed and lifetime warranty.

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know a few of you have lifted Eco boosts with bigger tires. How does the engine handle the bigger tire/lift? I read a couple posts about gas mileage, but that isn't my main concern. I just want to know how you like them. I'm making a plan for my next truck, who knows how soon that will be lol

I also saw this online and thought it was pretty impressive!

http://www.full-race.com/articles/full-race-f-150-ecoboost-dyno-testing.php

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Mine isn't lifted and it only has 31x12.50's. But it impacted mileage over 65mph pretty good.

I've run 12.90's with those tires though. So it didn't seem to hurt acceleration.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back