Factory alarm reset

steve arizona

Reaction score
i have a 2007gt with 114kmiles,,car wouldnt start one day, then 3days later fired up with no problem, battery/starter/altenator all tested good,,,few days later, no start,,next day it started, took in and had clutch safety start replaced, week later no start. i have narrowed this down to the alarm not resetting correctly,,,on a whim i set alarm off when it wouldnt start just to see if it worked and fired right up,,i now have been having to do this every once in a while to get car to start for past couple months,,,what is causing this and how to fix it?
thanks

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Scan for codes when it wont start. If you see a code referring to the immobilizer, then you know its alarm related. But I cant explain why it "fixes" itself. Possible sensor ring issue around ignition key? You can try to tilt the steeing wheel while holding key on crank to check for an intermittent connection in the column.

steve arizona

Reaction score
thanks juice,,,it fixes itself when i get out, lock/set alarm with FOB, open trunk and shut it to set alarm off, then stop alarm with FOB, get in and it fires right up,,,

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Does the car have a tune? And if so, who's tune?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I dont think that is the cause, but, you can try reloading the tume.
Battery isnt starting to die is it?

Jcode68

How I Roll
Reaction score
My 2007 starting having similar issue last summer, but mine was related to heat. Would start and run fine but after driving home from work (40 miles), if I shut it off, it would not start again until cooled down. After investigating all I could, I brought to Ford and they were able to repro while using scan tool. Told me the on board computer was shorting out and computer needs to be replaced. Cost me $200 for diagnostics, they wanted another $1200 to replace computer with a refurbished unit. I found several companies selling refurbished computers with key blanks for ~$600 so I am planning to replace myself soon before nice weather hits. The major difference between your problem and mine is that the steps you use to work around did nothing for me. I will be following this thread, good luck and please keep us posted.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I brought to Ford and they were able to repro while using scan tool. Told me the on board computer was shorting out and computer needs to be replaced. Cost me $200 for diagnostics, they wanted another $1200 to replace computer with a refurbished unit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back