Faulty wiring harness?

Lime1Gt

Reaction score
Pass Side; Low Beam -- LG/WH
Hi Beam -- YE/WH

Drivers Side; Low Beam -- WH
Hi Beam -- VT/YE

Headlight Connector.jpg Both connectors pin out the same.

DieHarder

Reaction score
You have to read the pins looking into the connector (flat clip side up). In your picture of the pig tail pin 1 is the white wire (low beams) and pin 3 is the red wire (high beams). BTW, don't be surprised if your butt connectors don't last too long. If you notice problems with intermittent lighting you'll know where to look first. Would be better to solder them and use some heat shrink.

Your wiring connections are as follows: Circuit/function - Wire color - Pig Tail wire color - Pig Tail pin #

Passenger side C1041
Circuit Wire Color - Pig Tail - Pin#

Low Beam - LG/WHT- White Wire - pin 1
Ground - BLK - Black Wire - pin 2
High Beam - WHT/YEL - Red Wire - pin 3

Driver side C1021
Circuit Wire Color - Pig Tail - Pin #

Low Beam - WHT - White Wire - pin 1
Ground - BLK - Black Wire - pin 2
High Beam - VT/YE - Red Wire - pin 3

Jivesh

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Thanks! I was just confused because the Pins according to the file from Lime1Gt goes from 3 (Leftmost) 2 (Center) and 1 (Rightmost).

Are these correct? I'll test them this week against a wall at night!
Lights 2 - Driver Side.jpeg Lights 2 - Passenger Side.jpeg

I've soldered them, put the heatshrink over them and then taped up the heatshrink just to be safe.

Also, do you guys have any idea about the third brake light in the back? One of the reasons I've failed my TUV was that the third brakelight was 'not bright enough'. I've changed bulbs, cleaned the inside of the lens etc. An american friend of mine says that the third brake light is indeed dimmer than the other 2.

Are there any official documents for this? If not, I'll probably try installing LEDs for the third brake light and see if that solves the brightness issue.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Thanks! I was just confused because the Pins according to the file from Lime1Gt goes from 3 (Leftmost) 2 (Center) and 1 (Rightmost).

Are these correct? I'll test them this week against a wall at night!
View attachment 81254 View attachment 81255

I've soldered them, put the heatshrink over them and then taped up the heatshrink just to be safe.

Also, do you guys have any idea about the third brake light in the back? One of the reasons I've failed my TUV was that the third brakelight was 'not bright enough'. I've changed bulbs, cleaned the inside of the lens etc. An american friend of mine says that the third brake light is indeed dimmer than the other 2.

Are there any official documents for this? If not, I'll probably try installing LEDs for the third brake light and see if that solves the brightness issue.

Make sure you have the correct bulb in the third brake light. Bulbs come in different wattages. I forget what is supposed to be in there as I switched to an LED assembly.
Note: FYI the LED assembly will remain very dimly lit when everything is off. This is due to current leak from the solid circuit switching. (Any LED replacement bulb will do this. Side markers, brake lights etc.) Yea, I went all led external lighting.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back