Favorite Wax

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I like the Meguiar’s Cleaner Wax.

If you're a fan of meguiars, look into #26. It doesn't last very long, but its decent for a $10 wax.

Although for cheap under $20 stuff, nattys blue aint bad.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I was under the impression cleaner waxes were used before a regular wax in order to attempt to chemically remove swirls no? Other than that I'm not sure of the benefit they do have.

remove swirls? Fill swirls is what they do.

Cleaner waxes can be a carnauba base but also contain Kaolin, which is a form of clay which makes up clay bars. Kaolin is a popular organic filler.

Cleaner waxes are meant more as a AIO (All-In-One) which will fill and protect. Meguiars NXT is also an AIO but is a sealant.

Issue with cleaner waxes are, you cannot apply more than one coat as their fillers/kaolin will remove whatever is beneath them.

If you are looking to seperate these into two steps then the cleaner wax can be replaced with a Glaze, and a Carnauba Wax can be applied on top of this.

There are also some "glazes" that sealants will work with.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Got ya, it's been a while since I've been schooled on cleaner wax...although I did use a tin of NXT 2.0 on my tahoe and it worked fairly well. I think the only real AIO I'd like to try is CG Lava, seeing as it has many properties...

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Got ya, it's been a while since I've been schooled on cleaner wax...although I did use a tin of NXT 2.0 on my tahoe and it worked fairly well. I think the only real AIO I'd like to try is CG Lava, seeing as it has many properties...

I don't know what to even call Lava to be honest. It has a Carnauba base but it contains a lot of synthetics so it is similar to Wolfgang Fuzion but it also contains a glaze property too.

Personally I think we are going to see a lot more Nano Resin Sealants on the horizon for this year. Seems like a few companies are ready to release 5 new ones. They are the ultimate in protection.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I don't know what to even call Lava to be honest. It has a Carnauba base but it contains a lot of synthetics so it is similar to Wolfgang Fuzion but it also contains a glaze property too.

Personally I think we are going to see a lot more Nano Resin Sealants on the horizon for this year. Seems like a few companies are ready to release 5 new ones. They are the ultimate in protection.

I call it another way for me to justify spending $80 :naughty1:

And nano resin sealants as in Aquartz and Opti Guard?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back