Favorite Wax

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I really don't want to mess up the application of the nano thus why I haven't even experimented with it. I guess I need to just man the eff up...

shad2009

forum member
Reaction score
yes

if he had something like this
soldet.jpg

saying end thread might be reasonable lol

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
ive been using collonite 915 de elegance paste wax, i dont think i`ll ever want anything else. this can is around $35, yet to find anything better

Attachments

• DSCF0216.JPG
    DSCF0216.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Reaction score
nothing wrong with colinite, but to say "end thread" after it, like its even a good wax is comical.

It's an extremely good wax even when compared to the expensive designer waxes. Great gloss, safe on paint and moldings, and I have yet to come across anything that beads like Collinite or lasts as long. And I've tried a good handful of expensive "ultra" waxes. The durability of this wax is nothing short of amazing. If there is something out there that beads better and lasts longer do share. I'm always willing to throw down some coin for a premium product.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
It's an extremely good wax even when compared to the expensive designer waxes. Great gloss, safe on paint and moldings, and I have yet to come across anything that beads like Collinite or lasts as long. And I've tried a good handful of expensive "ultra" waxes. The durability of this wax is nothing short of amazing. If there is something out there that beads better and lasts longer do share. I'm always willing to throw down some coin for a premium product.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's not the end all be all like you stated. It's a low tier boutique.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
That is just insane lol. I see people buy $24,000 tables so I guess if you have the money might as well.

I assume that is possibly the best glaze or wax there is.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
That is just insane lol. I see people buy $24,000 tables so I guess if you have the money might as well.

I assume that is possibly the best glaze or wax there is.

by description yes, its very difficult to get a high carnauba content wax like that to be workable. Which in term gives off durability, plus the oils used in it are quite exotic.

Lifetime supply is nice though. I have the same deal with my Zymol Vintage.

Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion, but it's not the end all be all like you stated. It's a low tier boutique.

Just basing that opinion off of my first hand experience with numerous products. What would you recommend that beads better and lasts longer? I wasn't kidding. I want to try something better. $500 or less range of course.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Just basing that opinion off of my first hand experience with numerous products. What would you recommend that beads better and lasts longer? I wasn't kidding. I want to try something better.

If protection is all you want, then go to a nano resin, it is no competition. AQuartz, Opticoat/guard etc.

If you are looking for something long durability and a much better appearance you are getting into some coin.

Colinite has never been known in any detailing community to be a looker, but it has been known to last.

Wax with a carnauba base that last a long while but doesn't look good = not expensive
Wax with a carnauba base that looks good but doesn't last a while = not expensive.

Wax with a carnauba base that looks good and lasts a while = expensive.

Try Zymol Glasur if you want a wax that looks good and lasts awhile. Another heavy recommendation is Chemical Guys Lava. It has been tested to last on surface temps upwards of 300F. It is a Hybrid Glaze, Sealant, Wax with color enhancing tech. It is definitely a new generation wax product.

I have a stigma with collinite, we have a weekly car show nearby that draws in about 2500+ cars every week, one of the largest on this side of the country thats weekly. Anyway, every time I win a trophy or what not, some toothless redneck always comes up to me and says "She suuuure is purdy... whatcha put on er? I love to put collinite on mah pick up *spits tobacco*, it shines her up guuud, been using it fer years and so has mah brother-daddy!"

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back