First 10 second coyote in Colorado?

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Just got back from the track and finally got my 10 second time slip. DA was around 8200 during my run: 10.969 @ 129.80mph

Huge thanks to everybody at RWR Motorsports in Littleton for the build (Rob, Mike, Sloan, Brian)

Huge thanks to Ken and Lund Racing. I never would have thought I would have received the amount of time, late nights, weekends, etc support to get this build tuned in quickly so I could get out to the track.

2012 Auto
Whipple 2.9 @ 11 psi
JPC return fuel system running e85
Offroad-X, JPC over axles, STOCK MUFFLERS
BMR K-member and Arms
CJ springs
Various Steeda suspension parts.

2012050919580063.jpg

20120509201928311.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats. I know what it is like to race at that DA as well, I used to race at Douglas and Bandimere on a monthly basis when I was int he military, stationed up there.

I would have never imagined such a mildly modded car, going 10's when I was there!

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, the air up here sucks. Most people running these blowers don't need a converter, but I think with the lack of power/air up here I'm going to have to if I want it to 60 and get my ET to match my MPH.

Thanks for the K-member and Arms. I was clocking repeated 11.0x's the night before. Put in the K and arms and got the 10.969 the next night. That got the car down to 3780 with me in it so I know the weight diff helped.

Going to try and hit Douglas a few times this year. Way more laid back track and people there.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Racing high up sucks. I'm only 4500ft but DA is normally 6000-7000. 10s up that high is amazing. I'm hoping to go 11s n/a up here.

MilehighGT

forum member
Reaction score
That is awesome for Bandimere! I think it still has a lot in it given the 60'. And I thought I was fast at 12.19.... :sigh1: I have not seen another Coyote in the 10's, nor another S197 for that matter. Best I have seen to date is 11.50 for an 07.

Bring that thing out to Club Clash! Congrats on the time. :highfive:

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
The car definitely has more in it if I can get the 60 down. The 1-2 shift is shortshifted currently too. Car needs a converter bad, but I just noticed today that one of my few week old drag radials has a split in the sidewall so any spare money might be going towards new tires unfortunately. Glad it held at the track though.

Once I get the car tech legal for 10.99 and below I will try to hit some club clash events. Sounds like fun

MilehighGT

forum member
Reaction score
Is there an all Mustang Club that races? I use to race with the Import Alliance/High Altitude Imports years ago.

Yeah, we race with the Denver mustang club out there. Next one is Friday June 1st and you don't have to be a member to race. PM me if you like and I can fill you in.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back