First Passes on new Turbo setup

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
So turbo with even less power equal faster car?

hp wise we are talking about a 9hp difference, and I don't think my F1 numbers were SAE, the 666rwhp are SAE numbers. The turbo power curve is much smoother than the F1. The F1 didn't start making power until the upper range of rpm, the turbo is a very nice curve. Going from the manual to auto also made/makes a huge difference.

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hp wise we are talking about a 9hp difference, and I don't think my F1 numbers were SAE, the 666rwhp are SAE numbers. The turbo power curve is much smoother than the F1. The F1 didn't start making power until the upper range of rpm, the turbo is a very nice curve. Going from the manual to auto also made/makes a huge difference.

What size turbo and converter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see you get up against the brake at the light and let her eat ! When you going next

lee12609

forum member
Reaction score
4r70w first gear is 2.84 vs the 3.22 first gear of the 5r55, so the 4.30 gear isnt a problem if its trapping at a good RPM keep the gear.

everyone thinks you need high gears (low numerically) with a turbo car. if the car is going through the traps at a good RPM and the turbo is spooling well there is NO reason to change the gearing.

and if needed a VERY small shot of n20 will make up for any spool issues.

point is gear for your trap speed not to "load" the turbo.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How is Sac for a track? I am thinking of going up there for the Oct 12th race.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
4r70w first gear is 2.84 vs the 3.22 first gear of the 5r55, so the 4.30 gear isnt a problem if its trapping at a good RPM keep the gear.

everyone thinks you need high gears (low numerically) with a turbo car. if the car is going through the traps at a good RPM and the turbo is spooling well there is NO reason to change the gearing.

I am willing to bet you money my car will trap higher and ET better with a 3.55 as opposed to the 4.10s. Its not all about loading the turbo in 1st. It has to do with how long you are able to keep the load as well. I shift to 2nd right around the 60' mark, that is hurting me bad!

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Unlike popular belief you don't need a small shot of nitrous to help with spool - if your tuner is knowledgable he will pour timing on the down low - you can use timing just like nitrous and since it's a low load at the lower RPM it can take more - that's how I got my 12.2 car down to running a 10.66 with just givin it timing on the down low getting my 60ft down - If I would have kept picking at the tune I assume it would have went a 10.40

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score

Is your car turbo?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back