First time out since cams

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to take the mustang out. The 1/4 is closed for the season already, so I had togo to the 1/8th.

Best run of the night was a 9.12. Next up is order some 26" DR's for my racestars and 4.10 gears.

Track conditions tonight:
temperature = 63.0 deg f
relative humidity = 60 %
density altitude = 4254.41 ft

Current mods:
C&L Street Intake
CMDP
BBR Stage 1 Cams
BBK O/R X
Stock Mufflers
Factory 3.55s
Running on 255 nitto 555 tires
Launch was slipping the clutch @ 4k

Had a lot of fun, but I want to launch this thing hard and see what she's got.

Timeslips are in chronological order from left to right.

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
It's so hard when you can't get traction at the start.

Be careful though it's addicting :)

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
...Be careful though it's addicting :)

lol, yep - nice work OP!

Skip the drag radials on a stick car, and get a set of bias ply (M/T ET street or Hoosier QTP). Have fun, and keep us posted :beerdrink:

Last edited:

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
The only thing that worries me is that everyone says its a huge no no to run bias rears with radial fronts.

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
The only thing that worries me is that everyone says its a huge no no to run bias rears with radial fronts.

I've got about 100 runs on a set of ET street's and radial fronts without any issues.
On the street =different story

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score

I'm running 17" M/T ET street bias ply tires with my OEM pirelli front tires. At the track there is little to no 'high end wobble' - I'm guessing it's because the 17" rear tires have smaller sidewall (compared to 15" tires).

mt_et_streets_apr13_zps4bf262ed.jpg

edit to add: I've aired up the ET streets and driven 85 miles to MIR a couple of times

Last edited:

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
I've got about 100 runs on a set of ET street's and radial fronts without any issues.
On the street =different story

I'm running 17" M/T ET street bias ply tires with my OEM pirelli front tires. At the track there is little to no 'high end wobble' - I'm guessing it's because the 17" rear tires have smaller sidewall (compared to 15" tires).

edit to add: I've aired up the ET streets and driven 85 miles to MIR a couple of times

Thanks for the info guys, I guess I need togo for some 26" bias rears.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

I've done it about 12 times... no issues.
Stock tires in front, 15x8's with MT ET streets and also on hoosier qtp bias plys curently.

1452497_10202535059442105_1376640449_n.jpg

don't be scurred.

Last edited:

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
I've done it about 12 times... no issues.
Stock tires in front, 15x8's with MT ET streets and also on hoosier qtp bias plys curently.
don't be scurred.

Your car came to mind, since I still want to buy you M/T haha

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yea they would work nice for you, wish you weren't so damn far lol may have to just see about shipping.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, tires and gears will transform the car. And no worries on bias ply. I've done it many times as well.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the mph seem WAY low for those mods? I understand that mod-for-mod these 3v's are very similar to n/a 4v's. my 01 cobra with similar mods, minus cams, was trapping 87-88 with only slightly better 60' times. Is this all a matter of lack of traction? My 01 was trapping over 80 bone stock, and my 07 doesn't really feel any slower than my 01 did stock. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the mph seem WAY low for those mods? I understand that mod-for-mod these 3v's are very similar to n/a 4v's. my 01 cobra with similar mods, minus cams, was trapping 87-88 with only slightly better 60' times. Is this all a matter of lack of traction? My 01 was trapping over 80 bone stock, and my 07 doesn't really feel any slower than my 01 did stock. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

you must have missed the 60 ft times

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Just for comparison there was a 3V with 127500 cams and long tubes trapping 84mph. He was running skinnys and DRs. Should be Day and Night difference with the 4.10s and sticky tires.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhh damn I just realized what I was missing. Over 4k' DA. I feel stupid for missing that, most all of my racing has been sub-1k' foot DA

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhh damn I just realized what I was missing. Over 4k' DA. I feel stupid for missing that, most all of my racing has been sub-1k' foot DA

Yup that'll do it right there haha. Hopefully I will run the car in some better air with sticky tires. Also I just installed my wideband and O/R X, I need to send the datalog's to Lito and have the car retuned. It's a little lean, about 13.2 at WOT.

AnotherS197

forum member
Reaction score
Might be kind of off topic, but I noticed linder commented to pick up some et streets. Any reason you recommend these over the et drags? I realize they're both bias ply, I was just wondering if the main reason people recommend the streets over the drags is the tread to be "legal" on the street.

I'm about to pick up 2 et drags for $150 with one pass on them, pretty excited about the craigslist find, but I've only recently started researching within the last few weeks. I'm with the OP in going with some sticky tires and 4.10's.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
Might be kind of off topic, but I noticed linder commented to pick up some et streets. Any reason you recommend these over the et drags? I realize they're both bias ply, I was just wondering if the main reason people recommend the streets over the drags is the tread to be "legal" on the street.

I'm about to pick up 2 et drags for $150 with one pass on them, pretty excited about the craigslist find, but I've only recently started researching within the last few weeks. I'm with the OP in going with some sticky tires and 4.10's.

no issues at all with the ET drags - sounds like a good price, I'd pick them up :boobies:

The ET streets allow me to drive to tracks that aren't that far (have an 1/8th mile track much closer than the 85 mile jaunt to MIR). But if you're up for swapping tires at the track, then the slicks should serve you well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back