Fishing? Anyone here fish?

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Went to Mexico for a few days last week to fish lake falcon. Had a good weekend. Here are a few pics from the trip.

6005ab29.jpg

2d8a73ba.jpg

06de3184.jpg

d87ad297.jpg

1cc18e8d.jpg

This picture is a little dark, but its 25lbs of fish. We had a 3 fish tournament and ended up winning it buy 9 or so pounds.

c6913ce9.jpg

$300 down the drain.

1e5d5846.jpg

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm learning to fish saltwater style. I've fished freshwater for years. It sucks that I went through a tornado that destroyed most of my pictures and my 12lb large mouth bass I had mounted.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The only saltwater fishing I have done has been on a charter boat. I lived right up the road from you for years(PCB). I put my bass boat in the saltwater one time and will never do it again.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Those are some nice fish. Looked like you guys were slaying them. I've seen that lake on the fishing shows before and they always catch big fish there.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yea Falcon is on fire right now. In the 3 days we were there, we caught 150+ fish. We fished a normal 5 fish tournament, weighed in with 41lbs and only got 8th place. The guy that won it had 55lbs with 5 fish.

Fork and Rayburn are on fire right now, but the lakes are so low right now its almost scary to even launch a boat. One guy lost is lower unit on his engine this past weekend on Rayburn.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Those are some toads! If there's one thing I like better than jacking with the car, it's fishing. I'm mostly a fly fisherman though. Smallmouth bass being my passion, but I trout fish, and got to go fishing in the Florida Keys flats earlier this year.

Last edited:

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Those are some nice looking fish. I have only fly fished one time. I loved it, wish i could get out more. 99% of my fishing is all large mouth bass.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Those are some nice looking fish. I have only fly fished one time. I loved it, wish i could get out more. 99% of my fishing is all large mouth bass.

Yeah I know alot of guys from Texas that come to Arkansas in the fall to fish for our monster brown trout. The parking lot at cow shoals on the little red river usually has more Texas plates than Arkansas.(40 pound 4oz world record up until Michigan broke it a couple years ago.)

Ya'll just don't have many trout just like we don't get the huge largemouth here that you have in your lakes. It's a different kind of fishing...river fishing as opposed to lake fishing. Lakes always have bigger fish, but I'm usually wade fishing or from my kayak in the rivers here.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
We went to Canada a few years ago for a hunting trip and did a little fly fishing while we were there. Its a totally different style of fishing. It was fun wading in the river, a lot cheaper than filling up my boat and running miles around a lake. lol

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Was that a fish that broke that $300 rod ? I know how that goes too. Decent equipment is expensive!

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yes sir, i was flipping a weight less fluke in brush using 85lb braided line. Fish hit it and i set the hook, he dove and wrapped me around in the brush. I knew the line would hold up, but my pole didnt have a chance. That carrot stick started out as a 7'3" pole...its now about 4'.

I did land the fish though he weighed in around 7 lbs.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Yes sir, i was flipping a weight less fluke in brush using 85lb braided line. Fish hit it and i set the hook, he dove and wrapped me around in the brush. I knew the line would hold up, but my pole didnt have a chance. That carrot stick started out as a 7'3" pole...its now about 4'.

I did land the fish though he weighed in around 7 lbs.

LOL. A $300 fish. I try to buy shit now with lifetime warranties. It's a little more expensive but not as expensive when you can send it back and have them fix it or replace it for free. I've had to send my Sage back 3 times because the tip broke(carelessness). That's a $500 rod so I look at it as having paid for itself with the warranty.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thats why i buy carrot sticks. I can take it back to academy and get a new one. Most of the time i dont even get questioned. Its a good thing, cause i hate shelling out $300 for new ones.

Now my Falcon Lowriders, if i break one of them i will probably cry. I have used them for years.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Thats why i buy carrot sticks. I can take it back to academy and get a new one. Most of the time i dont even get questioned. Its a good thing, cause i hate shelling out $300 for new ones.

Now my Falcon Lowriders, if i break one of them i will probably cry. I have used them for years.

Good to know. Academy is where I buy all my stuff too. It's just right down the street. A very addictive place.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Always wanted to try fly fishing but never got a chance. Most of mine has been North Coast for cod/lingcod/tuna/salmon, The Delta for sturgeon/catfish/SM, or Sierra Nevada lakes for trout. Usually with a beer in hand. Good times.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Some pics from last week. Brown trout spawn is own. We caught about 25 or 30 trout this size. Average was around 20".

Last edited:

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Those are some nice looking fish. I must say, usually this time of the year fishing gets put on the back burner since its duck/deer season. Went to crank the duck boat and it wouldn't start.

We did a little bass fishing yesterday morning. Nothing picture worthy though. Caught a few 5lb'ers and that's about it.

This morning I'm sitting in a tower stand waiting on anything to come to the feeder.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I used to be a duck hunting nut, but I've pretty much given up hunting for fishing. I still do turkey hunt, but that is in the spring. About the only hunting I do in the winter is for quail. I'm done screwing with boats, all the gear, and standing in freezing water at 2am lol. I don't have the patience for beer, I mean deer, hunting unless I'm drinking which I've learned not to do anymore either.

At 40 years old, the simpler things seem to appeal more and more. Good thing with the trout is the big ones will be up on the shoals all winter long. This is just the beginning. The real monsters have yet to swim up.

Good luck on that stand though!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back