Fishing? Anyone here fish?

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
That's some nice fish there guys. I have been a fishing fanatic since I can remember. I have always wanted to fish the texas mexico lakes. Since they are known for huge bass. But we usually go north to canada or stay in ky. There is a lot of good places here to. I know hoe you feel about the rods. All I use is falcon or lomis and I cringed when I saw that broken rod.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I love my falcon low riders. I use them for my cranking and spinning baits. I would like to hit up a few different lakes in some other states, but it's just to expensive to haul a boat that far.

I have fished just about every well know lake in Texas, Falcon is by far the best. Alot of people are scared to go due to the drug problems at the boarder.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
It's amazing how you can tell a difference between rods. I know why you mean about hauling all over the place. It gets expensive quick. Putting ga in a truck and boat. If that is your boat in the pics. Those vmax motors love some gas and oil lol. Have a 200hp vmax on a ranger.

I was going to ask you about the falcon lake stuff I have heard some crazy stories about that lake. I was going to say your brave for venturing out there.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yea the vmax is a beast. Love it. Falcon isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to bed. The drive to Zapata is probably the most dangerous part. Once you get out of ladero, it's a 2 lane black top for 40 miles with no lights other than your head lights.

I have fished the Mexico side with no problems. If you see more than 2 guys in a single flat bottom John boat, then it's time to drop the reels and find a new fishing hole. The coast guard, game wardens and sheriffs dept. all had boats out patrolling.

Every now and then you seen a few helicopters flying around on patrol.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
That's awesome. It's like fishing in a war zone. You hardly ever see any game wardens up here. I have a cousin that lives down that way. If I err get down there I will holler at you to see if your up for a fishing trip.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I have fished falcon probably 10 or so times, I have never felt that I was in any real danger. Alton jones, I'm sure you know who he is, lives about 10 miles from my home. His son Alton jr. fishes falcon all the time.

If you ever get a chance, put lake falcon and lake fork on your bucket list.

I'm always up too fish. I can get to just about any major lake in 5-6 hours. I enjoy fishing more so than cars and anything else. Duck hunting is a close second.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It has always been a lake I wanted to fish. Now that you have told me your take on it. It will be on my list of lakes that I would like to try.

Yea I have heard on him. That's awesome that he is right down the road from you.
If you are ever traveling through ky hit me up and I will show you some awesome places around here. There are great lakes all over this state.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I usually make the trip to Bowling Green for the NMRA. I might have to take an extra few days off next year to hit the lake with you. About the only lake i know of in KY is the Barren. How far away are you from the Barren River lake?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I have been bass fishing since a very early age.

I grew up, fishing Fork; and have also fished most major lakes in Texas.

It is surely not hard to spend a lot of money fishing. Fortunately, I never have to really repeat purchases, and my days of spending unnecessary money are gone. I can use a Zebco 33 on an Ugly Stick and outflip my partner. ;)

I stopped using braid a while back. I snap it too often when flipping.

Last edited:

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I have been bass fishing since a very early age.

I grew up, fishing Fork; and have also fished most major lakes in Texas.

It is surely not hard to spend a lot of money fishing. Fortunately, I never have to really repeat purchases, and my days of spending unnecessary money are gone. I can use a Zebco 33 on an Ugly Stick and outflip my partner. ;)

I stopped using braid a while back. I snap it too often when flipping.

I take it your from Texas, Kelly? Fork is a bad ass lake, to many damn stumps though.

I only have two rigs set up with braid. Those only come out when i got to Falcon. Everything now is 100% fluorocarbon.

I havent seen a Zebco 33 and an Ugly stick since i was 10 years old fish for catfish out in the pond....lmao You can never go wrong with a trusty Zebco.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Barren is about 5 hours from me. But we have a place on kentucky lake right outside of murray that is pretty close to BG. It's a great fishing lake and huge. You can catch pretty much anything there. Itis honestly one of the best lakes in the state. Which is why I don't mind driving 4+ hours to get there.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
LOL!!! Flashback... The Rhino33, the Ugly Stick....and some stink bait in a cow pasture.

Yes, I grew up in Texas. My father currently lives 3 minutes from Fork.

The stumps are what I love about Fork.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Barren is about 5 hours from me. But we have a place on kentucky lake right outside of murray that is pretty close to BG. It's a great fishing lake and huge. You can catch pretty much anything there. Itis honestly one of the best lakes in the state. Which is why I don't mind driving 4+ hours to get there.

That is awesome. We will have to for sure meet up next year and do a little fishing. Im always down for a little R&R while on a fishing trip.

LOL!!! Flashback... The Rhino33, the Ugly Stick....and some stink bait in a cow pasture.

Yes, I grew up in Texas. My father currently lives 3 minutes from Fork.

The stumps are what I love about Fork.

LMAO. Kicking it old school with a Rhino. Buy the rod and reel combo at wal-mart for $27.99 while mom shopped for the groceries...hahahahaha

Its a blast flipping fork, but i also love to throw a water dog every now and then on fork.

I think im going to have to hit up fork this weekend with all the talking thats going on in here.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, fish all the time. Bass tournaments and steelhead on the rivers and also salmon/steelhead on lake michigan. I don't get in the woods much anymore because of too many people now behind my house and it's hard to find good hunting land around here.

IMG_0202.jpg

03f480e7.jpg

73651127.jpg

2011-09-17_19-15-23_922.jpg

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Oh yeah, St. Croix rods only....Mojo's are really nice for the money and their warranty and customer service are awesome!

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Pretty Ranger. My boat is old and beat up, but it gets her done. Those boats are made about 20 miles from my favorite fishing hole. Flippin, Ark. is where I want to retire. There is so much good fishing in that area. Buffalo River and Crooked Creek are Arkansas only 2 Blue Ribbon Smallmouth waters. 1 fish 18" limit. I could fish those two streams alone and never anything else. I'm actually going up there this weekend. The White River where I caught those trout is also right there.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
How much is fly fishing gear? I would love to get into it, but i dont know that i could afford it with all my other hobbies....lmao

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
How much is fly fishing gear? I would love to get into it, but i dont know that i could afford it with all my other hobbies....lmao

Actually it's not that bad at all. Bass Pro has their White River series rods for around $100. And they are great rods. Really all you need is your rod/reel, some flies, and some waders. It's like anything else though. You can spend as much as you want. I use a Sage RPL+ rod, and Orvis Battenkill reel. That combo is around $500 or so, but my ex wife bought it so I didn't pay shit lol. It's amazing I've broken so many other rods but this one just won't go haha.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back