FML! Why Me?!

07_GTCS

Powered By: Gypsy Magic
Reaction score
Traded my blown 07 GT/CS for a Whipple'd 07 GT500 at a dealership and 2 days (about 150 miles) later I'm flatbedding it right back to the dealership. Long story short they're leaving me out to dry all on my own, refusing to take the car back or cover any of the repairs, read the whole story from day 1 here on svtp:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1086599-Blown-Motor-or-Something-Less-Unfortunate

this whole situation has me feeling like a bag of ass ): I simply cannot afford another ~$15k to fix a car I just spent $29,000 on, might be a long-shot but I created a GoFundMe campaign with hopes to get all those in the car community to possibly lend a helping hand in this process since I am most likely stuck with the car and stuck covering all the repairs on my own dime. Just really sucks that all this is on my shoulders when I did not even get a chance to really drive the car, I don't really beat on my cars either since I fund every penny that goes into buying and building them, anyways if anyone would like to help here's the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/getmerolling

and if you guys could share this on any other forums you may be members of I'd really appreciate it. Thank you everyone for all your advice and all your input and knowledge on the matter, will keep everyone posted on what happens today but it looks like it's going to be on me. Thanks everyone, enjoy your weekend :thumb:

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
No "lemon law" for used vehicles in your state? They're typically on the hook for 30 days & nn miles at least for a used vehicle. Check your local laws. They should be responsible for the repairs. If the repairs are more than the value of the car, it should be a refund or exchange.

Good luck!

07_GTCS

Powered By: Gypsy Magic
Reaction score
No "lemon law" for used vehicles in your state? They're typically on the hook for 30 days & nn miles at least for a used vehicle. Check your local laws. They should be responsible for the repairs. If the repairs are more than the value of the car, it should be a refund or exchange.

Good luck!
There are but I bought it in CT and their lemon law isn't valid once the car is over 7 years old...how convenient right?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
There are but I bought it in CT and their lemon law isn't valid once the car is over 7 years old...how convenient right?

You may want to mention that fact over on SVT. You still have a used car warranty from the VW dealer you bought it at. They are obligated to either repair it or refund your $ . This is NOT a minor repair ! The oem 485 rwhp eng became a 700 rwhp eng. How are they going to put a warranty on a 700 rwhp eng...or the tranny ..or the 8.8 rear end ?

Walk away from this....and the sooner the better. Even if they..'repair' the eng, it will not be done right, have no warranty, and you will left on the hook..again. Why do you need 700 rwhp for a street / DD car ?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yikes, the last place I'd buy a modified 500 is from a VW shop. Even that place taking it on trade, any car that's had the factory bolts pushed around could be one WOT away from turning inside out. Everyone is in over their head. Good luck with sorting this out, interesting story that's for sure.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Park the car in front of their dealership with a big sign that you bought it there. Let it run smoking the place out and let everybody going into that place see it.

AndrewS197

forum member
Reaction score
Make them take the car back. Like others have said, it will continue to cause you grief if you don't.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Lawyer would be cheap at this point, can't believe what a GT500 engine costs. No used units available for a reasonable price, and 10 g's for a short block, yikes.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
In Oklahoma there are no lemon laws on used cars. They are all sold AS-IS. FWIW if I had a car like that on my lot and it checked out ok in service, I wouldn't do much if anything to help in this situation. You know you are buying a modded car. If it was a 2014 still under factory warranty with that mod list it wouldn't be covered by the manufacturer. Dealer shouldn't have any more liability IMO.

Shitty situation either way. Just a perspective from someone experienced on "the other side" of things.

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of folks these days asking for handouts. Pull up your own bootstraps and figure this shit out.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
As tempting as it may be, I don't think I would ever buy a used sports car/hot rod that has been modded, especially if it had FI. I keep thinking of the poor guy who bought Seer's GT500...

The OP is only 19 yrs old. He's in way over his head.

Dang, it must be nice to be 19 and have a GT500. Well, if it didn't blow up on you.

Good luck OP, I hope you can get it worked out.

I'm getting tired of folks these days asking for handouts. Pull up your own bootstraps and figure this shit out.

^^^Yeah, I agree.

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
Seriously, why should the dealership do anything? How do we/they know you weren't constantly redlining that sumbitch over your 2 days of ownership? To the best of their knowledge (I'm assuming), they sold you a perfectly operating vehicle as-is. You broke it, you deal with the repercussions.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I keep thinking of the poor guy who bought Seer's GT500...

edit: I found out drywall screws and lambo douchebags do not make for a successful build.

Last edited:

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lawyer would be cheap at this point, can't believe what a GT500 engine costs. No used units available for a reasonable price, and 10 g's for a short block, yikes.

Do you have any experience with attorneys? They are never cheap.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back