For those who swapped in a 5.0

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you still have your stock 3v with all the parts and engine wiring harness on it I'm interested. Swapping my stock 3v into my 65 is starting to nickel and dime me to death. I don't need the engine itself, however everything on the engine (like the oil filter block) I need. I figure someone that switched to the 5.0 would have all that stuff and not be able to use it. I'll take the complete pull out 3v if the price is right and everything is still on it. I can take everything needed off it.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you checked out the FRPP 3V control pack? That could cut down some of the costs and headaches with the swap. Whenever I get around to swapping a 3V in my '68, this is the route I'll go.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-rac...t-calibration-4+6l-3v-2005-2010/p/M6017463VT/

I already have that. I still need the engine wiring harness from a 06-07 for it and there are various odd small parts like the bolts that hold in the alternator and such that are specific to the application that I still need. I just noticed that a few people ditching their 3v for the 5.0 and figured I could save myself some $ by getting a complete engine that someone else is looking to get rid of instead of having to buy all those little parts for an arm and a leg from ford.

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
Ah, I see now. I can't be of any help with the parts, but that's a beautiful '65. Best of luck with the swap!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would if I had more time in the states. I go back to Afghanistan on tuesday and I've been pretty busy visiting family and such.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back