Fore return fuel system weird problem.

Discussion in '2005+ Mustang GT 4.6L Tech' started by teeje, Jul 14, 2021.

1. teeje

teeje Member

Hey yall. I've recently noticed a weird problem. I have a fore l2 return fuel system with a fc3 staged controller and hobbs switch. If I drive it, then shut it off for a few minutes, it didn't want to start. This has happened twice today. Just cranks but if I unplug the fc3 and plug it back in, it starts right back up?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

2. crjackson2134

crjackson2134 Member

It sounds like a bad controller to me, but not being an expert, I’d contact Fore regarding the issue. Perhaps they can help with diagnosis.

3. 86GT351

86GT351 forum member

bINGO!

4. teeje

teeje Member

Even with only 130 miles on it? Hardly any run time :(

5. crjackson2134

crjackson2134 Member

It happens, but this is why you should contact Fore to help with diagnosis. If they assist you in this, and they reach the same conclusion, there shouldn’t be any issues returning it for a replacement if it’s still in warranty. If it’s not in warranty, this will help you avoid throwing money away on parts you don’t need.

6. Robert Larimer

Robert Larimer Member

Actually when digital parts fail it is most often in the 1st few hours of use. It's the nature of the beast.

crjackson2134 likes this.
  7. teeje

teeje Member

Well yall, I feel really stupid to say the least. Today it happened again so I popped the trunk, wiggled the wires, good. Pushed down on top of the fc3, the two Allen bolts that hood the top on with the fuses were loose. Problem solved... smh...

8. crjackson2134

crjackson2134 Member

Glad it was so simple. Free-fix is always good.

9. teeje

teeje Member

Soon as I tightened that, and snugged the Berlinale ends down, the pumps sounded stronger for sure. I'm gonna have to re set my regulator it seems or atleast make sure it is still at 40psi

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.