Forged '10 GT500 wheels on my '14 GT....

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Just installed a set of '10 GT500 forged 19x9.5" wheels on my '14 GT. I bought them earlier this year, but they were used with some chips in the finish (got a screamin' deal on them, though). Just had them refinished in a lighter silver and clearcoated. I found a set of pony center caps (instead of the SVT caps that came with them).

Went with Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics, 255's up front and 275's out back. They definitely fill up the wheelwells much better than the factory wheels since the Shelby wheels run flush with the fender lips....

photo_zps2363c987.jpg

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, all. Can't bring myself to lower the car. Love the weight transfer at the dragstrip with the factory suspension (sixty foot times in the 1.6's) and the ride quality is very nice as-is.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
They do look awesome on there.

Are the center caps 2.5" in diameter? If so, where did you get them? I only found stupid-expensive sets ...

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
They do look awesome on there.

Are the center caps 2.5" in diameter? If so, where did you get them? I only found stupid-expensive sets ...

I took mine off my new edge, they're the same diameter just not the same depth. They come out like 1/16" from the wheel. Unnoticeable.
You can usually find some doofus on craigslist selling wheels and offer him $50 for his center caps.

Shit, I gave the SVT ones to a friend without a care and they fetch decent money.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, all. The center caps are the deeper ones and IIRC, the part #'s are from the 2001 Bullitt. The pony & stripes are not raised, like the newer caps, but are set under the acrylic enamel so that the caps are flat. I ordered several variations until a set showed up that was deep like the SVT wheels.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
C'mon dude... at least run a Pro Kit or Sports or Vogtlands or SOMETHING.

The wheels look awesome btw...

Back