forged build questions

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
Is it advisable to upgrade heads when building a motor or just stay with oem used head on current motor? I was looking at buying the ford racing heads M-6050-N3VPA. Next I wanted to upgrade to a supercharged cam. Is it better to wait until the new build with new heads or can I install the cam now on current motor and switch it to the forged motor when built?

Build will be a supercharger motor capable of 600-700 rwhp

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm having my heads freshened up (probably just a valve job, possibly a guide or two if any are needed,) after I do some light porting if I see anything really out of whack.

Running stock cams with limiters, stock valve springs, and keeping my fingers crossed.

Heads are ridiculously expensive. Yes you'll make more power, but it's costly.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You would need every supporting mod you can get including heads/cams to get that power out of the saleen blower.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Why would you run limiters with stock cams?

Lito sees more cam timing varations than he'd like - I don't want to completely give up the system but the limiters will help them only retard so far.

Whitesn95

Reaction score
I was in the same boat and ended up buying a set of used heads,
Upgraded springs and sent them out to have it out on and pnp. When ran through the cost it was cheaper that way for a head that had much better flow number.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back