front end squeak/chirp. Help identifying issue? video & pic

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
I thought it might have been a noise picked up by the camera. I was referring to the 4 bolts though. Make sure those are tightened down to avoid "clunking". The upper strut mount is 46lbs but the other bolts were not referenced in the installation instructions. I just tightened them down 'old school' style, lol

After reading those responses it could very well have to do with the front end sway bar links, they are known to be problematic. That link seems to be spot on as well. I am just throwing out suggestions to help you possibly locate the issue.
Yeah. I'm gonna double check all of that today. And I appreciate all the feedback on here. The more suggestions I have, the more I can rule out! So thank you!

And one more thing I want to mention. When I get I'm my car and sit down it makes the chirping noise. Same noise when driving too. That's why I think it might be the springs

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Hmm. I can't bounce all around in my seat and can't get it to make a sound. One thing that's changed now is that it's not only doing it in the heat. What's the best way to check the end links?

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
Hmm. I can't bounce all around in my seat and can't get it to make a sound. One thing that's changed now is that it's not only doing it in the heat. What's the best way to check the end links?

Check to see if the bolts are loose at all. Just make sure everything is tight and while you're down there you could loc-tite those sons-a-bitches! lol

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check to see if the bolts are loose at all. Just make sure everything is tight and while you're down there you could loc-tite those sons-a-bitches! lol

When I had mine making noise, they were tight as can be. It still made noise, when I took the sway bar off you could tell it made the hole alot bigger. So tightening might not do it.

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
When I had mine making noise, they were tight as can be. It still made noise, when I took the sway bar off you could tell it made the hole alot bigger. So tightening might not do it.

Hey. Is that your video on YouTube with the white cs?

white95

boost or bust
Reaction score
Speaking of endlinks, I just replaced them on our '05 today. Keep in mind it only has 44k miles. Check this out:

626d746b.jpg

d60b642f.jpg

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
Speaking of endlinks, I just replaced them on our '05 today. Keep in mind it only has 44k miles. Check this out:

626d746b.jpg

d60b642f.jpg

Wow, those look rough! From what I can tell everything is tight. My endlinks look to be in good condition. Made sure the strut mount bolts were torqued. The only thing Icoldn't checkwas the top strut nut because I didn't have a deep socket in that size:damnit: After looking at my video more, I'm starting to think it may be the actual strut that's the issue. Listen to the sound it's making wen I bounce the driver's side, something's not right with that. It doesn't do that on the pass side

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
So, it is either the driver side strut, or Steeda mount that is the source of the noise. Would it be okay to spray silicone spray inside the dust boot, onto the strut shaft to determine if it i the strut(I've heard people say that on these Koni's, some of their boots are really tight and will can cause a squeak/squeal)? Also, would it be okay to do the same to my steeda mount. I think I can get some spray down in there. I'm trying to see if I can pinpoint this before I try to take all of this apart.

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to buy different springs to see if in fact it is the steeda springs making the noise on mine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back