Front license plate bracket (10-14)

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I bought my 2013 last year, but the previous owner had removed the front license plate bracket. While that is my preference also, Colorado requires it, and the gate guards at Schriever AFB have been giving me shit.

I dug around in my junkbox of a garage and finally found the mounting bracket, but whatever was used to attach it is gone. There seems to be no bosses anywhere to mount it to in the lower grill (which is where I'm assuming it goes). Searching online for the bracket just shows the plate.

Does anyone have a picture of what I need, or where to get it? I'm thinking of rigging something up with a piece of aluminum, but if these are probably laying around somewhere and I'm just glancing past them because I don't know what they look like.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Get a flip out mount so you don't have to screw into bumper or anything?

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Flapjack,

I am too late to the party and doubly so because the previous owner drilled holes in the bumper but, you could get them filled and then use a 'no drill bracket'.

"Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets" (ccmustangbrackets.com) has some nicely designed (no holes required) brackets. Just something to think about....

Chris

p.s.--Thanks for your service!

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Flapjack,

I am too late to the party and doubly so because the previous owner drilled holes in the bumper but, you could get them filled and then use a 'no drill bracket'.

"Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets" (ccmustangbrackets.com) has some nicely designed (no holes required) brackets. Just something to think about....

Chris

p.s.--Thanks for your service!
Thanks for the reply. I'm a disabled vet (nothing too serious), but am a Citrix consultant, working as a contractor at Schriever. I did 12 years active duty and 3 years in the ready reserve (USAF). Some days I miss it.... most days I don't. :)

Fortunately, no holes were drilled in the bumper. I'm not sure if this is how the bracket is supposed to go, but it seemed to fit very nicely this way, and snugged down very tight with the drywall brackets. It won't budge unless you really pull on it.

Attachments

• 14881812610111.jpg
    14881812610111.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 14881812610762.jpg
    14881812610762.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 3

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Flapjack,

Excellent idea! I did not understand why you would use drywall anchors but it's because they go behind the lower grill and hold the plate (holder) in place. Clever lad!

Well, your solution is a more cost effective than my suggested no-drill-bracket guy. The pic will help out a lot of Mustang owners who don't want to mar the bumper with holes! Thanks for posting up the pictures.

Chris

p.s.--You're still serving the country, Vet. Keep up the good work.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Flapjack,

Excellent idea! I did not understand why you would use drywall anchors but it's because they go behind the lower grill and hold the plate (holder) in place. Clever lad!
I was pretty proud of myself when I thought about it. I still don't know how it's *supposed* to go. Do people really drill holes in their bumpers for a license plate? That's heartbreaking...

Well, your solution is a more cost effective than my suggested no-drill-bracket guy. The pic will help out a lot of Mustang owners who don't want to mar the bumper with holes! Thanks for posting up the pictures.
Hopefully it helps someone!

p.s.--You're still serving the country, Vet. Keep up the good work.
Thanks man. I do my best.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
yeah, stealerships. I've been rocking the twin hole look since the day I brought mine home.
God, that sucks. My 05 had two holes on the rear deck lid where they put their stupid fucking "Phil Long Ford" emblem on. Luckily, they put mine on straight. Others in town... not so much.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
They actually drilled the car body to install shifty dealer logos?
Mine was just double side taped on. A lot are doing vinyl logos now. I can't imagine accepting a car that they did that too

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
They actually drilled the car body to install shifty dealer logos?
Mine was just double side taped on. A lot are doing vinyl logos now. I can't imagine accepting a car that they did that too
Yeah... people complained about it for years. They said it was a "tradition" and that most people are proud of it.

Plus, they used shitty screws on a lot of cars, so there would be little rust trails beneath the logo. I found a 5.4L logo that barely covered the holes in mine. There is like 1/4 of each hole showing on each side of the 5.4L emblem, but you can't see it unless you get real close.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
First, from a fellow vet, thanks again for your service!

Second, pretty crafty idea w/the license plate mount...looks great!

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
First, from a fellow vet, thanks again for your service!
I appreciate it... and same to you, man. With all the "thank a vet" stuff going on, I still think many don't realize what people give up during their service... and I didn't have it near as bad as most!

Second, pretty crafty idea w/the license plate mount...looks great!
I'm still surprised it was an idea. It's been holding up great. I thought about putting loc-tite on it, but I don't think there's a need.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back