Fuel injectors for E85

Jusa3v

Reaction score
So I have a whipple supercharger ‘06 GT. I have the GT500 fuel system but I need bigger injectors to run E. After talking to some tuners and Mustang guys around town they suggested the Ford Performance 90lb injectors and Ford Performance said they’d fit with my set up. Well, they didn’t. We had to get spacers for them to fit and when we tried to put the fuel rail back on they were too tall so I sent them back. Since then I’ve talked to different “mustang experts” in the country and I guess nobody really works on 3Vs. I also contacted whipple to see if they’d know anything since the fuel system came with the SC kit. They didn’t know either. Doesn’t anybody know anything that could help me or know of any place that knows 3Vs well?

Laga

Reaction score
90lbs ? Do you have 1000RWHP? I have 41lb injectors with my Edelbrock with 8-9 pounds of boost. When I converted to E85, all I had to do is upgrade to a 400lph fuel pump. I already had a BAP. You need to get in touch with Lito at "[email protected]". He is the man when it comes to 3V`s.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
I am running stock GT500 injectors (47 or 52 lb/hr) with a DOB manifold and m122 and it runs e85 fine at about 10-11 psi. 405lph pump. And I'm not running a BAP.

Laga

Reaction score
If you have dual pumps with the GT500 system,you don’t need a BAP

Laga

Reaction score
My bad, I thought the GT500 fuel system had dual pumps. If running E85, you might need a BAB. Guys are not hearing back from Lito. This is very unusual, as he always return his emails. You can try Lund, tuning, and VMP tuning. Avoid Brenspeed and Bama.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I'm not running dual pumps.

The GT500 set up is a dual pump system so you are either running dual pumps or you have a stock GT system.

Injectors not only come with different fuel low rates but different electrical connections and spray patterns along with physical size differences. I believe our Whipple kits come with the "compact" or "medium" injectors but I'm not sure what the exact size is. They can either come compact, medium or long. You have to find out what you have and order the same size and electrical connection. Or you can raise your fuel rails. They have kits that can raise the height of you fuel rails by I think increments of 20 mm.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
GT use 60mm height injectors alot of blower setups like whipple use shorter 48mm gt500 height injectors. OEM gt500 47s or 56s will work just fine for a stock 3v block e85 setup.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back