Full electric F-150 announced by Ford !

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If it can't tow a camper 400 miles in 8 hours, I have zero interest. This will just be a commuting truck or parking lot crawler. It won't see real use that trucks usually see.

Now if they did some sort of hybrid that used a power generating unit to charge a battery that powered an electric drive system, I could get into that. The power of a Tesla P90 (420hp/443tq) that could drive 8 hours on a fuel fill would tow awesome. The power of a P100D would be staggering. It's 588hp/920tq btw.

Probably be too expensive to produce however.

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
99% of trucks I see out and about are just ferrying people to their office job from the burbs. Should be great.

I think Ford will go bankrupt in about 5 years.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford has been in much worse shape and has managed to survive for over 100 years.

I thinks it's more likely the go full private than bankrupt. Businesses are learning that sometimes being public is a long term hindrance. Living and reporting quarter to quarter is not a great way to build a long term business in my opinion. Beholden to investors may not be all it's cracked up to be.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Ford has been in much worse shape and has managed to survive for over 100 years.

I thinks it's more likely the go full private than bankrupt. Businesses are learning that sometimes being public is a long term hindrance. Living and reporting quarter to quarter is not a great way to build a long term business in my opinion. Beholden to investors may not be all it's cracked up to be.
Well said

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
yeah except in what universe will that ever work.

I'd like to see cars designed to live 20 years without every whiz bang doo dad and piece of bullshit, but that is impossible due to lawmakers. Would be easier on the manufacturers cash requirements.

oh well.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd suspect that cars are designed with 10 years or 200,000 miles life span. A hundred thou is pretty easy with minimal maintenance these days and another seventy-five to a hundred is reasonably doable with a little more active maintenance. Beyond 200,000 is highly dependent on the care before 200,000.

Back