Gas pouring out during fill up.

White3V

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2005 Mustang GT that spills gasoline out the bottom only during fill up. It also has the notorious clicking issue. I have been unable to fuel up my car for the last couple of days because it would repeatedly just spill out the bottom. If I go slow and it clicks the fuel will spill out. What can cause this? The car has 126k miles, has LTH, CAI, X Pipe, Borla Ataks and other minor mods. Only thing I replaced recently was the evap purge solenoid, the bottom nipple managed to completely melt off.

Dallas281

Reaction score
Evap issue for sure. The tank needs to displace/release the air in the tank in order for fuel to enter. I can't recall off the top of my head but there is a post about removing the evap stuff and for filling after *removing* the evap stuff, you just need to attach a filter onto the vent hose. Is the purge soleniod connected properly?

White3V

Reaction score
I believe so, want me to send a picture of the evap purge solenoid? There’s a green little knob on the back of it is that supposed to be on?

Dallas281

Reaction score
Sure! Off the top of my head I thought the green 'knob' was for an electrical connection, id have to see it or look at mine lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back