Getter better [email protected]

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Getting better [email protected]

Back to Irwindale, but this time with a new converter.

First pass in 90 degree heat netted a 7.309 @ 95.10 mph with a 1.63 60 foot.

Then I ran a 7.274 @ 94.78 with a 1.600 60foot, then a 7.328 @ 94.06 and a 1.605 60'.

All passes were done off idle---my M&H's were on the wear bars and I didn't want to over power the tires.

I challenged Adam to a race since he brought the "wife's" car. I lost---he put some killer tune in it, ran race gas, and ran a 7.24 at get this: 98.14 mph! @ 12lbs, stock converter. The thing ran a 7.24 with only a 1.700 60 foot. That car would be a 7.0X car if he had a PI converter in that thing. In my defense, I have factory Saleen wheels while he runs bogarts, but any way you slice it, 98mph is cooking. Bastard. J/K----:stir:. I want my $10.50 (I lost the bet)

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I replied in the other thread, but might as well say it again... congrats on a new personal best!!

Where are the vids???

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got John to take one vid of the Adam vs Me race. No vid of my best pass :boohoo:

My son is going with me to FAMOSO today though, so I should have some good video of some 1/4 mile passes.

P

PERTANO

It was great watching you guys run last night. I'm not sure the guys name but the white Kenne Bell charged car looked like he had is hands full all night. I watched a few runs and then got pretty excited when Adam lined up with my buddy Santos's old Corolla. That race was pretty scary for the Corolla when it broke traction in 3rd and almost tagged the wall. Still ran 6.97 to a losing 7.2?. All in all it was great night at the track. I need some damn tires for my car!!!

irwindale042.jpg

DSC_0617copy.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I saw that car---its badass! Talk about a sleeper--I would have never thought that car could run that fast.

P

PERTANO

No doubt about it. The little car runs hard. It's still got more left in it, but Santos is content where he's at. He doesn't want to put wheelie bars on it and right now if the car leaves just right, like it did against Adam it's cutting 1.38 60' and carrying the wheels through 1st. His best ET at Irwindale has been 6.13 but not sure of the MPH. We can squeeze another 75-100 horse out of the current setup, but he says "Brother the car is already going to fast for the little brakes it has. Why do I want wheelie bars and parachutes on the back of the car, I can not drive on the street like that." HA HA I love that damn car!!
It was good seeing you guys run though. All the ST cars where running hard last night. Hopefully I'll be able to afford some tires before too long and meet you guys out there next time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back