Getting Blue Smoke on Cold Startup

pilatti1

Reaction score
Ok so my '07 GT/CS has 86k and i faithfully change the oil every 5k with full synthentic and the past couple of days i see BLUE smoke when I start it in the morning. What could be the issue and resolution? I love my stang and dont want major issues
frown.gif
. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Blue smoke is oil, and if you're getting it on startup it typically means the valve guide seals are getting a little old.

mustangcrazybj

forum member
Reaction score
Is the car forced induction? Or N/A? Alot of Forced induction cars pull oil into the air intake system and can use an oil seperator to partially cure this issue.

BlueByYou

Tuscarora Native American
Reaction score
My car since brand new will smoke blue smoke ONLY if i don't let it warm up for 2-3 min. in the winter time and i romp on the gas when the engine is stone cold. Just one big puff through 1st gear and thats it. But if i let it warm up,won't do it.

pilatti1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input - the car is basically stock but I do have an Airaid CAI with no tune. It did not puff any smoke today which made me a little happier. I will see what happens the next cold morning I start it.

jbenevides89

forum member
Reaction score
i get a blue puff every once in a great while. have not had one for a few months now that i notice. as long as its just a puff and stops i wouldnt worry about it.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ok so my '07 GT/CS has 86k and i faithfully change the oil every 5k with full synthentic and the past couple of days i see BLUE smoke when I start it in the morning. What could be the issue and resolution? I love my stang and dont want major issues
frown.gif
. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

I noticed the occasional puff of blue smoke out of my '06 GT when it hit around 100k, but I installed UPR's billet oil catch can and it went away. Must've just been a little bit of blow by. The car still runs very strong, so I'm sure it's not worn out.

Here's my install thread:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76932

pilatti1

Reaction score
I noticed the occasional puff of blue smoke out of my '06 GT when it hit around 100k, but I installed UPR's billet oil catch can and it went away. Must've just been a little bit of blow by. The car still runs very strong, so I'm sure it's not worn out.

Here's my install thread:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76932

Sharad - thanks for the link - it looks like an easy install. Your pics were a great help and write up was great ..... looks like I will put this on my wish list....how do you know when to empty the catch can and is there a place to drain it?

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back