forum member
Reaction score
Attention!

youredm7.jpg

grammar_crackers_large.gif

bullittrevor

forum member
Reaction score
It's been talked about many times before and I still have the dyno graphs. Many threads have been closed and gone. I swear we have talked about it in the past as well...

Here are the graphs.

EVOFAKE2.jpg

EVOFAKE.jpg

Save them to your computer, using an Image Viewer go back and forth between the two. Isn't it funny how the pulls are the same pull!? :liar:
I like how once these were posted evolution stopped posting in this thread. Any explanation for that? :stir:

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I like how once these were posted evolution stopped posting in this thread. Any explanation for that? :stir:

I wouldn't either. If he does he will have some lame excuse about how busy he was. Yet he was going back and forth full force earlier. I guess it's possible he was installing some tint on someone's car or something. :roflmao:

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
I think its funny some of you are acting like this lopey idle tune is some sort of feat of engineering.

and some of you are acting like you have ANY smallest idea what it takes to make a lopey idle happen. shut up.

If memory serves me correctly, cowl hoods generally refer to when manufacturers used cowl induction to force cold air into the air box (ala '70 Chevelle SS).

The low pressure area at the base of the windsheild would allow cold air to be pulled in effectively from that area. That is why on the old cars, the air filter assembly would have a snorkel which ran to the back of the hood, sorta like a ram air type system.

New cowl hoods, I guess, might be considered a misnomer. While the opening at the base of the windsheild should in theory help draw in some cold air, its not the same as it was initially intended for.

on topic now.

wrong.

there is a high pressure area at the base of most any windshield. its caused by the change in airflow direction from the hood to the winshield. a vacuum would pull air out of the aircleaner on that chevelle.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
wrong.

there is a high pressure area at the base of most any windshield. its caused by the change in airflow direction from the hood to the winshield. a vacuum would pull air out of the aircleaner on that chevelle.

I stand corrected, although the principle I mentioned is still basically the same, just an incorrect use of terminology. I apologize.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
and some of you are acting like you have ANY smallest idea what it takes to make a lopey idle happen. shut up.

You have no idea what I know or dont know.

Ive tuned cars with variable cam timing, I know exactly how cam timing maps work and I know exactly how to make a car with a narrow LSA idle.

In other words: :kma:

101fng

forum member
Reaction score

wrong.

so you're not only a tuner, but you're an aerospace engineer too!!!

cool.

the cowl hood thing is simple. it's like an airplanes wing. the air moving over the hood causes the pressure to become greater than what's under the hood, thus air gets sucked in through the back of the cowl.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
The cowl typically is a high pressure area. Across the hood is high velocity and it kind of "piles up" at the base of the windshield.

Here is a CFD pressure model that demonstrates this well. As you can see there is high pressure on the windscreen and the cowl area. The hood is low pressure due to the high velocity, which is why the engineers chose to place the heat extractor right there in the middle of the hood.
09H3F104512002AW.jpeg

This is why cowl induction exists, and is also by hose risers negatively effect cooling.

I feel that the cowl hood was invented for the purpose of cowl induction, and that it will negatively effect cooling as is is decreasing the pressure delta across the radiator.

That being said. You cant really say definitely that a cowl hood will not have a positive effect on temperatures. Many cowls hoods are very tall, likely tall enough that they are above the high pressure zone on where the hood would be, in addition to be spaced out from the windscreen. The aerodynamics could be very different than what is observed on a typical hood.

TimMcc

Reaction score
I have a ghost cam tune and don't even run it. Kinda neat sounding though. Guess I got it right before Ford asked lund to stop selling it.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
That is because most tuners dont want to ruin their "relationship" with Ford, if they tell Ford to shove it, I'm pretty sure Ford would make it their job to make their life difficult.

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
so you're not only a tuner, but you're an aerospace engineer too!!!

cool.

why yes, i do tune my own turbo 4v using sniper commando... = SCTproracer

Common sense and experience was required for Smokie Yunick to run his cars at 210+ at talladega. i follow in his footsteps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back