Got a misfire but no check engine lt

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
13 gt with vmp sc lts and o r x pipe has a miss at idle but driving is fine the plugs I just re gapped them so they are still the originals but every plug had looked great and looks as if the plug and fuel is burning on point just curious if this could be a coil pack if so how do I find the culprit.. will my x3 data log the misfire on cylinder? I asked ford but they wanna charge 105 to hook it up to there machine I said f that lol.

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
No way you get true misfire issues at idle and not under load.

Datalog misfire events on your SCT. You can chase it that way. Unlikely it's a coil pack. If I were you, I'd just buy some 6510 NGKs in heat range 7, gap them at .030 and call it a day. That'll probably solve your idling issues; at least it did on my Vortech '12.

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe changing plugs anyhow I may do it just to try it maybe the ceramic is cracked on one or something, beside prolly be better in a long run

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Check the plugs. I've had one back out just a little bit and it would back fire and what not.

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
So I put the new plugs in for the sc application I thought the misfire was gone but no still there I tried using my x3 with live wire to detect misfire and nothing is showing up on the grid stays at 0 the entire time of recording maybe it's not a misfire but it sounds like one to me just a diff sounding poof about every 30 seconds at idle not cats and long tubes any other ideas maybe the x3 won't read misfires? Or am I just being retarded lmao

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
X3 will for sure detect misfire events.

If it's just a little rough idle occasionally, don't worry. I find that on the stock cars so, nbd.

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
Usually about every 30 to 45 seconds it will do the lil poof like I'm sayin wot is just fine part throttle is kinda rough especially on cold starts.

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
Described situation #1 I definitely got with 6510s in my 2012, in cooler weather. Situation #2, Cold start was always a little rough on that car, even when it was stock, til the holes heated up a bit. No big deal but, there. After tuning it was a bit better. After SC, it returned a bit.

All very slight but, detectable.

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
Cool deal vmp tuned it and looked at the logs said all was good so no worries now also just installed the jlt oil separator with 305 45 nittos need some track now.

alxo123

Reaction score
Cool deal vmp tuned it and looked at the logs said all was good so no worries now also just installed the jlt oil separator with 305 45 nittos need some track now.
I am having this same issue ever figure it out? only thing is not supercharged but I do have the lt's and some other bolt ons

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Coyotes all have a lumpy idle with what sounds like a "miss" every couple seconds. Mine did this stock and with the Ford Racing tune.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back