got the slicks..

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
26.10.15's my main concern is the stock driveshaft will it hold up to a launch or should i take it easy on it? also what should i try to launch this 3.73 car at?

2013 full o/r exhaust cai 93 race tune is all for now

and susp all i did was 50/50 drag shocks ran 12.36 at 113 with mt street radials leaving the line at 2k

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would start around 3500 rpm then go up about 500 rpm at a time until you start spinning. Have you driven a car with slicks before?

Earl

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
oh yes i have done so with 4 diff fox bodies before i know its a lil shaky top side. I was just worried about the drive shaft snapping then be stuck lol. I just thought of this to what would be a good air pressure to start with?

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
Another question about rpm I believe the Rev limiter is set at 7k but I'm having to hit 5th gear just before the end 3.73 gears and now I'll be running the 26 10 15 slick should I just contact Bama to raise the limiter? If so how much higher should I go with it just don't wanna go to high. I'm about 2-300 ft before the 1/4 mile. I'm using a 26 10 18 street radial now I hope it's enough info to give me an idea I just don't wanna hit 5th anymore if possible.

GI Joe

Reaction score
the slick will grow. It will not be 26" at the big end. Try it first and answer your question for yourself. You will then have the only answer that matters....

GI Joe

Reaction score
btw my calculator says you hit the rev limiter at 109 mph with a 1.32 4th gear. If the slick grows 3/4" overall you pick up pick up 9.13 mph at 7000 rpm. That means you can run 113.13 in 4th. It might even grow a tick more..there's a good chance. 3/4" is conservative but at your low mph it might be dead on.

Also is the slick the regular or the stiff sidewall.?
what brand?
get a drive shaft loop safety set
start at 13.5 psi

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
btw my calculator says you hit the rev limiter at 109 mph with a 1.32 4th gear. If the slick grows 3/4" overall you pick up pick up 9.13 mph at 7000 rpm. That means you can run 113.13 in 4th. It might even grow a tick more..there's a good chance. 3/4" is conservative but at your low mph it might be dead on.

Also is the slick the regular or the stiff sidewall.?
what brand?
get a drive shaft loop safety set
start at 13.5 psi

Thanks for the info quite helpful i was about to ask about the psi to. The slick is 26x10x15 hoosier and regular wall... I got the jegs sport cast wheels listed on the sticky they fit to the T!! and the safety loop yes im goin to fabricate one i have all i need welder and all should I do it on both sections of the ds i assume it will be safer to do so.

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
oh also should i just raise the limiter to say 7300? or 7400 maybe or will it do more harm than good? of course i would only spin that at the end of the track not before every gear.

GI Joe

Reaction score
FIRST, why don't you try it one time and see where you are at? The car produces the most load in high gear at high rpm...That's the worst place to push it unless you know you need to.

On second thought. ..set it at 8000. That will cure the issue

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
3.73s and a 26" slick? You will definitely need 5th with your current rev limiter set at 7k. As far as how high to set it, going to be trial and error. Wind out your lower gears not 4th.

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
yea i'll give it a go see how she runs and then decide from there if i should raise the limiter. When i had the bbr tune the limiter was set at 7600 I thot it was a little high but i guess reason being was to use fourth only at the end of the 1/4.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back