Ground Control Caster Camber Plate

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone have Ground Control camber plates? If so, how do you like them?

I think I'm going with these but not 100% sure yet. MM is my second choice.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Anyone have Ground Control camber plates? If so, how do you like them?

I think I'm going with these but not 100% sure yet. MM is my second choice.

Their street plates are only camber adjustment but they are nice plates. 1.5* of camber adjustment and can be flipped to have 1.5* the other direction if for whatever reason you don't like more negative camber. Biggest "complaint" I've heard about them is that the street plates don't have an articulating spring perch on some form of spherical bearing but instead uses a poly donut to allow the perch to articulate when the suspension moves. I'm not sure the spherical bearing has much of a performance advantage that the average driver would see.

As for their "Race" plates, my understanding is that they require modification to the strut tower opening to install. They specifically told me that it was pretty substantial and that was the only way to get caster and camber adjustment on their plates. They wouldn't go into detail on that specific point but recommended against it. From what I've seen of their race plates, they are pretty pimpy parts that are well built and DO have a spherical bearing that the spring perch articulates on.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Roadracer350, Vorshlag plates are $500. That just seems way too much for what they are. I don't doubt they are nice though.

Vorshlag Ford '05-'14 S197 Mustang Aluminum Camber/Caster Plates & Perches
- Spring Perch '05-'10 OEM Style Perches
- Strut Style Koni - Long Stem ('05-'10) $494.00

Whiskey11, I think I'd actually prefer the poly donut both for noise and because it doesn't seem right to load a spherical bearing axially (pushing the ball thru the hole). They are usually designed to hold radial load. Are you using the GC street plates?

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like Maximum Motorsports' plates.

Since these only mount one way, do they allow enough adjustment to add camber?

I'm looking to get approx 3 deg neg camber with a 1" drop (not take away camber to get back to 0 after a drop)

thanks for the replies guys

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since these only mount one way, do they allow enough adjustment to add camber?

I'm looking to get approx 3 deg neg camber with a 1" drop (not take away camber to get back to 0 after a drop)

thanks for the replies guys

Yes, you can get a lot of camber out of them.

Reaction score
My only experience is with the MM plates and have no complaints. Only positives. (Including street manners) I can't remember whether I had them set to -2.75 degrees or if that was my KW setup, or both. I've dialed back since then. But I think it's possible. Someone here should be able to confirm. Otherwise hit up their customer support.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
Roadracer350, Vorshlag plates are $500. That just seems way too much for what they are. I don't doubt they are nice though.

Whiskey11, I think I'd actually prefer the poly donut both for noise and because it doesn't seem right to load a spherical bearing axially (pushing the ball thru the hole). They are usually designed to hold radial load. Are you using the GC street plates?

True they are expensive but they are worth it! :thumb:

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
We carry the Ground Control CC plates, we've ran them on a few tracks here in Germany with zero issues. They've also updated and beefed up their CC brackets. Great quality for those looking to offer a bit more adjustment.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score

Remember that old saying..."you get what you pay for?"

Mustang259

forum member
Reaction score
Steeda makes some nice plates and BBK is coming out with new cc plates also, both are on Steedas website.
Having said that though, if I had the money there is no question Vorshlag plates would be my choice.

Steeda Mustang Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts - 11-14
Market Price $388.83 Our Price $329.95

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Steeda makes some nice plates and BBK is coming out with new cc plates also, both are on Steedas website.
Having said that though, if I had the money there is no question Vorshlag plates would be my choice.

bbk is junk

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Their street plates are only camber adjustment but they are nice plates. 1.5* of camber adjustment and can be flipped to have 1.5* the other direction if for whatever reason you don't like more negative camber. Biggest "complaint" I've heard about them is that the street plates don't have an articulating spring perch on some form of spherical bearing but instead uses a poly donut to allow the perch to articulate when the suspension moves. I'm not sure the spherical bearing has much of a performance advantage that the average driver would see.

As for their "Race" plates, my understanding is that they require modification to the strut tower opening to install. They specifically told me that it was pretty substantial and that was the only way to get caster and camber adjustment on their plates. They wouldn't go into detail on that specific point but recommended against it. From what I've seen of their race plates, they are pretty pimpy parts that are well built and DO have a spherical bearing that the spring perch articulates on.

There is a slight amount of caster adjustment about .3 The is no articulation in there street plates ....there is perch rotation around the poly donut . I guess you could get very little with some poly flex. The race plates have full (arch) articulation . I think your mixing the two types of articulation .

JPC

Reaction score

I have Vorshlag cc plates
they're GREAT
I love the easy track side adjustment to dial 2.9 degrees of camber
then adjust back for the drive home :)

Call Terry @ Vorshlag 972-422-7170 to see how their cc plates compare to the others.
They been making cc plates for a LONG time ... I think 15+ years.

--Jerry

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
There is a slight amount of caster adjustment about .3 The is no articulation in there street plates ....there is perch rotation around the poly donut . I guess you could get very little with some poly flex. The race plates have full (arch) articulation . I think your mixing the two types of articulation .

The poly donut definitely flexes enough to allow the spring to articulate with suspension travel and yes it definitely also rotates around that poly donut too. The race plates have the fully articulating spherical bearing with the spring perch able to articulate to keep the springs in line better than the street plates.

OP: I'm running the street plates. Very little noise like when it is really humid I'll get some, SOME, noise at low speeds and high steering angles.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Vorshlag plates... No need to say anymore...
This...

And this...

Remember that old saying..."you get what you pay for?"
And this...

Yes, they are expensive, but you can see why when you get them in your hands. These parts won't be a failure point. The bearings are HUGE, and thus far silent. I am getting -2.75° camber for the track setting out of them, and OEM spec for the street. Adjusting is easy. You can get 0.5° or 1° additional caster as well, if you want. The improvement in steering feel is marked, and if you can't tell the difference, then likely OSB.

They are definitely worth the price, IMHO.

DevGittinJr

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
I have the MM plates. Plenty of adjustment, easy to adjust, and well made. They even provide for a bump-travel adjustment. I finally installed my coil-overs, this past weekend, and I was able to leave the top plate installed during the swap. The top plate adjusts caster so that setting remained. Edit: Oh yeah, caster is currently 7* both sides, camber 1.7*, and both still have room to go either way.

IMO - The Vorshlag pieces are nice, no doubt probably the best, but $500 c/c plates? I can't see where the Vorshlag plates are worth the extra $250, to a noncompetitive driver. Especially when most people run $800 Konis, and think they're the shiznit. Seems a bit lame. Yeah, for the dedicated track car with JRZ's, spend $500 on c/c plates, f'sho, but for the Koni-sportin' weekend guy, seriously? Pose much?

I'm not the least bit impressed by anything GC makes.

Last edited:

Mountain

forum member
Reaction score

The Steeda plates are nice, but the MM plates off a little more camber adjustment (and caster). NVH is about the same from what I noticed between the Steedas and MM (maybe a tad less with MM).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back