GT500 Brembo brakes on a 2005 Mustang GT

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Finally got my brakes in tonight, and despite the company being a total prick to me, I must say, that I was rather suprised how they came VERY securely packaged, and they weren't damaged at all. And despite me believing that it was a take off kit, it was totally brand new.

So I decided to make a thread, showing you guys how great this brake kit actually is. It came with EVERYTHING... including:

-Brembo 4 piston calipers
-14" Brembo blank rotors
-New dust shields, due to the increased rotor size
-New pads, front AND rear
-ALL brand new hardware
-Goodridge stainless steel lines, front and rear

It's complete, except for the rear calipers and rotors. A beautiful piece of engineering on Brembo's part. Here's some pics...

4158919041_881f163d5d.jpg

Calipers and rotors:

4158919035_10dffb5d05.jpg

Brembo 4 pot calipers:

4158919047_c141b27546.jpg

Goodridge Lines:

4158919051_522c5095bd.jpg

Can't wait to get these bad boys on tomorrow. More info/tech/pics to come a little later on, so stay tuned.

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
Nice. BUt why not just get takeoffs? I'd assume they are half the price. You would just have to buy the SS Lines.

But they do look hella nice. Good luck with the install.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Nice. BUt why not just get takeoffs? I'd assume they are half the price. You would just have to buy the SS Lines.

But they do look hella nice. Good luck with the install.

Eh... I have been screwed by a certain take off company as it is right now, so I didn't want to take a chance. Buying it new allowed me to be comfortable with spending a little bit more, just to get something I know there won't be any defects/issues with.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Lookin good man! Now if the parts gave you a hassle and an attitude problem that prevented you from installing them, then I'd think we'd have a major problem on our hands here.. haha.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the same kit on my car, except with drilled and slotted rotors. Got it all for $600 used from a member here... good deal. Nice setup.

When you put in those brake lines, be sure not to over-torque the banjo bolts. They break easily. The spec is 30 ft-lbs, I think, but don't quote me on that... might even be 30 in-lbs.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If they are like the steeda lines then yeah the banjo bolts break way before the recommended torque. Found that out the hard way.

navyman8903

forum member
Reaction score
^ Thanks, I'm still trying to find out if these brakes will clear my stock BULLITT rims.

habu

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks, I'm still trying to find out if these brakes will clear my stock BULLITT rims.
In the absense of spacers no they will not fit. Do I have the exact measurements, no. Contact any of the companies that make big brake kits to get the template for measurements.

On my stock bullitts and the AR/Shelby bullits/torq thrusts that I have there is almost no clearance as it is on the stock brakes. To get bigger brakes will take different wheels.

They wont.
Beat me to it

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Well, just a side note...

The GT500 brakes, with the 20" Shelby S1's will NOT fit.

Spacers required, probably no more than a half inch. Anyone know where I can come up with a .5 inch, 5x114.3 hub centric spacer? And fast?

Shades

Reaction score
Bought the same kit from from the same place but didn't use the rotors. Not a bad price for a complete new in the box kit with the SS lines and pads. The SS lines go for $200

Picture065-1.jpg

What rotors are those?

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
Well, just a side note...

The GT500 brakes, with the 20" Shelby S1's will NOT fit.

Spacers required, probably no more than a half inch. Anyone know where I can come up with a .5 inch, 5x114.3 hub centric spacer? And fast?

interesting. Would they fit DD Bullits 18x9s?

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Anybody have a set of 3/8" or 10mm hubcentric spacers that work on our cars lying around?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back