GT500 fuel pump issues, need help

RLF9409

My blood runs Ford blue!
Reaction score
Ever since I installed these gt500 pumps I haven't been able to go lees than half a tank of gas. It gets to a half a tank and then the sender goes crazy and shows 0 miles to empty and starts to buck like it is running out of gas.

I've pulled out the sender on the passenger side and turned the key forward and noticed that the fuel pump turns on but is not sucking fuel from the sender, held my finger over the intake on the sender., nothing.
I would assume it is supposed to be sucking fuel from the passenger side sender? I wonder if I have crimped the intank fuel line?

Next I am going to check the pump itself, disconnecting the intake line and then plugging it with my finger to see if there is any suction...

Anm I on the right track?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Sounds like your crossover tube is discnnected from the GT500 pump or is kinked.

2006BlackGT

Cover 3,000
Reaction score
My friend and I just installed the GT500 pumps today and now my gauge reads empty on an 06 GT with 0 miles to empty. Switched the blue and green wires no luck. I think it my be the sending arm that is hung up for me. We'll be at it again in a few days - just frustrated now. Good luck.

Last edited:

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my mustang. I had the guys at RET fix it for me since I was having it tuned there anyways. Greg knew as soon as I told him what was going on the problem. I can't remember what he said it was, but they fixed it and it's worked perfect since then. May want to give them a call on Monday to ask. http://racersedgetuning.net/. Greg does not work Monday's but Benny or someone should be able to tell you the solution.

Joshua Ross

Tiddies

life in the slow lane
Reaction score
sounds like the cross over tube to me as well. mine messed up once when i went over a bump and jarred the connection loose. its easy to check and see if this is the issue

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
Since my install. My guage will read for about 5 seconds then i get an ODE error, and i believe a pm0063 code, and it drops to empty, and i cant even see miles till empty, it says ODE error or whatever...i have no idea what is causing this, it runs fine, and will use the whole tank...just i dont know how to fix my issue.....subscribing...someone HELP!

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
I installed mine and the float was stuck I unlocked the ring and shook the pump and locked it . when I did this I did not jack up the car to one side left it flat on the ground and a half a tank of gas works fine .

recordbreaker5

Blown 3V
Reaction score
this seems to be an ongoing issue with this kit. I actually sold a brand new kit to a friend and the sender was messed up from the start.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
when mine was done the float was hung up.. shop fixed.. now when i go to half tank the and if im idleing the needle will drop to empty.. when this is fixed ill post the results..

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Where did you get the pumps? Did you buy this as a kit? RodFarva is selling gt500 pumps from his 2010 and he said that Ford changed the fuel level sender and that it will fuck up your gauge in the 05-09s if you don't have the passenger side level sender with it. Idk if this helps but I tried. Maybe you have seen it but here's the link http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64801&highlight=gt500+pumps

RLF9409

My blood runs Ford blue!
Reaction score
Since my install. My guage will read for about 5 seconds then i get an ODE error, and i believe a pm0063 code, and it drops to empty, and i cant even see miles till empty, it says ODE error or whatever...i have no idea what is causing this, it runs fine, and will use the whole tank...just i dont know how to fix my issue.....subscribing...someone HELP!

I had the same problem. The sender wires going into the pump are switched. Pay no attention to the color of the wires, switch them and it will work fine.

I took my intank hose out and sure enough it is kinked. Any slight pressure/pull it kinks. I fiddled around with it for a bit but can't seem to figure out how to keep it from getting kinked inside the tank once the pump is installed. I've decided that I am going to replace the plastic tube with a rubber submersible line, going to cost about $80 for 4 feet, but that should fix any kinking issues. Oh, I also found out that during installtion, twisting the pump to get it in, I managed to make small pin holes in the plastic tubing at the pump. Replacing with rubber hose as well. This has been the biggest PIMA upgrade. I hope the S/C pulley upgrade doesn't give me as much trouble (going to install a 3.2 pulley).

Last edited:

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Sounds like your crossover tube is discnnected from the GT500 pump or is kinked.

This....you are only taking fuel from the drivers side. Get ready to pull those pumps again. Make sure the crossover tube "clicks" into place on the GT500 pump.

Edit: I should have read the post above first.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back