GT500 HID Headlights Swap

squidzx6

forum member
Reaction score
hid

Thanks for all of the help!

I still need to clarify a few things about downgrading my HIDs to Halogens because I'm pretty new to this...

I'll probably need new 3 wire plugs, but is there anything else I might need?

Is it just a matter of taking the solenoid wire from the HID harness and attaching it to the high beam wire on the halogen pigtail, igniter wire to the low on the halogens and then ground to ground?

Am I understanding everything correctly?

What happens to the 4th wire on the hid harness? Just tape it down?

I'd really appreciate any help or advise!
Thank you.

fine fine if you want ill swap you my stock headlight halogens
:roflmao:

chutoyy

forum member
Reaction score
Oh, here's a side by side of halogen vs. HID
294599_10150313134943173_507573172_8172457_89459903_n.jpg

whokilledkaji

Reaction score
Looks nice!
The silver stang has been lowered too?

I still like those halogens!

hpaco

Reaction score
Has anyone done this mod? I´m in Mexico and for us HID is not an option on the GT, I bought the HID´s and pigtails in USA but I´m trying to figure out how to connect them, I made a sketch to follow each step, so am I right?:

1st wired low beam on new pigtail to new wire installed and ran across to passenger side new pigtail low beam and passenger side stock low beam (blue wire)
7. 2nd wired stock ground on both sides to new pigtail ground
8. 3rd wired the power out from the relay installed in step 4 and ran that power to passenger side new pigtail ballast and ran a new wire across to the divers side new pigtail ballast connecting both sides together
9. 4th wired the stock high beam (brown wire) on the dirves side to new pigtail high beam
10. 5th Installed a second relay and attached to bottom forward side on the fuse box to power the low beams when you select high beams
11. 6th wired the stock high beam (yellow wire) to the stock high beam on the new pigtail and also connected that (yellow wire) to the second relay to trigger it to power the low beams when you select high beams, yes you will put power from the second relay to the low beam stock (blue wire) and its being triggered by the stock high beam (yellow wire) on the passenger side.
GT_HID.jpg

Last edited:

thaer066

Reaction score
Ok, I have done this mod about a year ago and every thing has been perfect except for one thing: power is cut off as soon as the high beams are turned on. I had the HID's installed by my local ford dealership and they said the computer shuts off power because it thinks the halogens are still in and senses too much power going to the lights. I really would like my high beams to work so what should I do?? Im sure if I tell my dealer what needs to be done they can do it. Im not in anyway good with wiring or anything like that. PLEASE HELP.

BTW this is my first post as someone from another forum linked me this thread. Great write up as well.

Coderedsaleen