GT500 Strut Mount

Trbo6gn

forum member
Reaction score
So it seems as though i'm inbetween a rock and a hard place. I ordered new wheels, frpp k springs,bmr panhard bar and a set of koni shocks and struts for my GT. The problem is i was just informed that the gt500 strut mounts that are needed in order to make the struts work are on back order until at least the middle of May. I don't want to have all of these new parts sitting in the basement until then. What are my other options? I know there have to be some other ways around using the gt500 strut mounts. I'm sorry but i am new to suspension mods, it's always been about the go fast parts until now.

partsbill

forum member
Reaction score
OEM strut mounts for GT500
03/06/06 thru 02/25/09 AR3Z 18183 A available not on back order
showing multi/quanities in most Ford stocking depots
02/26/09 thru current BR3Z 18183 A available not on back order
showing 6 in the Memphis depot
call your local dealer and have them order them.

Attachments

• FordEPC.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I used the Steeda HD strut mounts for my new suspension.

Trbo6gn

forum member
Reaction score
OEM strut mounts for GT500
03/06/06 thru 02/25/09 AR3Z 18183 A available not on back order
showing multi/quanities in most Ford stocking depots
02/26/09 thru current BR3Z 18183 A available not on back order
showing 6 in the Memphis depot
call your local dealer and have them order them.

I believe they changed the part numbers and now is is 18183 C.

partsbill

forum member
Reaction score
I'm showing BR3Z 18183 A is still a good part number, however part # BR3Z 18183 C is also showing not on back order, Ford currently shows 6 in the Memphis depot.

Trbo6gn

forum member
Reaction score
I'm showing BR3Z 18183 A is still a good part number, however part # BR3Z 18183 C is also showing not on back order, Ford currently shows 6 in the Memphis depot.

I called 3 dealers and all three said that they were on back order until May. So it looks like ill have to start looking at some other options. I thought the steeda hd mounts also needed the isolators from the gt500 mounts? Any other CC plates available that aren't outragously priced?

partsbill

forum member
Reaction score
I happen to work for a Ford dealer and I just checked again and I'm still showing they are available.

Serv Part#:BR3Z 18183 C Part Name:BRACKET SR:89.88 Eng Part#:BR3V 18183 DA Min Ord Qty:0 :Motorcraft #:AD 1090 Max Ord Qty:0 Unit of Issue:EA Replacement:NO Weight:3 Serial Number:519465 Field Service Action:NO Wins Allowance:Pipp Elig:YSupply Status
Remarks:NO SALES RESTRICTIONS
New Model Part:NO Popp Elig:YStock:Std Part Locator:CTC Stock:Core Amount:0.00FSA Last Return

MEMPHIS HVC (MH) 6

Last edited:

Airportguy770

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered all my suspension goodies, now I'm in the same boat. I need to track down a set of GT500 strut mounts.

Even if you buy the steeda mounts, you still need the isolators out of the GT500 mounts.

Only other option is to go with the maximum motorsports caster camber plates. There about the same price as the steeda mounts + GT500 mounts. Only downside is, they use a spherical bearing, which can start to make noise after time. They are more for dedicated racers/ auto-X'ers.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Make sure you get the C and not the A model. The C is more robust and will be easier to install the struts in.

LMS is where I got mine. But they're out right now. I ordered on a Tuesday and had them Thursday.

CJ Pony parts appears to have them in stock. You might want to call to make sure.

Entrenched

forum member
Reaction score
FRPP strut mount

The oem Ford number is available but it twice the price of the FRPP unit, which is on back order until May 1st.

erod550

Reaction score
I happen to work for a Ford dealer and I just checked again and I'm still showing they are available.

Serv Part#:BR3Z 18183 C Part Name:BRACKET SR:89.88 Eng Part#:BR3V 18183 DA Min Ord Qty:0 :Motorcraft #:AD 1090 Max Ord Qty:0 Unit of Issue:EA Replacement:NO Weight:3 Serial Number:519465 Field Service Action:NO Wins Allowance:Pipp Elig:YSupply Status
Remarks:NO SALES RESTRICTIONS
New Model Part:NO Popp Elig:YStock:Std Part Locator:CTC Stock:Core Amount:0.00FSA Last Return

MEMPHIS HVC (MH) 6

Is that 89.88 per mount? If so, I don't think it matters that they are in stock, lol. I'd wait a month to save $180.

ocpony

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered all my suspension goodies, now I'm in the same boat. I need to track down a set of GT500 strut mounts.

I have a set of GT500 strut mounts that I didn't wind up using. They are the FRPP ones. I can double check on the numbers and post up later this evening since they are in my other garage. PM me if you want, and I will see what I paid for them.

Trbo6gn

forum member
Reaction score

I have a set of GT500 strut mounts that I didn't wind up using. They are the FRPP ones. I can double check on the numbers and post up later this evening since they are in my other garage. PM me if you want, and I will see what I paid for them.
Very interested. I sent you a PM but for some reason it isn't showing up as being sent.

Trbo6gn

forum member
Reaction score
I got mine from CJ Pony parts less than a month ago for like 80 bucks.

Yeah they are back ordered until may. Being as your from the Eastern Shore of Md. you probably understand the problem im face with. Cruising weekend is may 19th and the mounts aren't scheduled to come in until the 10th.

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
Yeah they are back ordered until may. Being as your from the Eastern Shore of Md. you probably understand the problem im face with. Cruising weekend is may 19th and the mounts aren't scheduled to come in until the 10th.

Yes sir I will be there. I am trying to have my car all done by then as well.

Did you try ebay?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back