Hampton Roads, VA - The Hangout!

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Isn't it the case that, say if I were to drain all my oil out and then dump this royal purple in, that from there on out I would need to stay with full synthetic for oil from now on?

I know this used to be the case and I just stuck with that, has that changed?

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Isn't it the case that, say if I were to drain all my oil out and then dump this royal purple in, that from there on out I would need to stay with full synthetic for oil from now on?

Yes. That theory is now a crock of crap. You can put synthetic in then go back to regular oil next time.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of....all of the local guys I know only do drag racing....think Tucker did VIR.

808svt

forum member
Reaction score

I could be wrong but I believe that was for older stuff with cork gaskets and the possibility of leaks when switching back.

rayS197

Reaction score
His cell doesn't even have his voice like it use to for leaving a message. It just goes straight thru. Hope they are ok.

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The last time I got hold of him was in Nov. He told me everything came out fine with his wife's surgery and they were doing fine. I have tried several times to get him since and have never gotten a response. I hope everything is good with him.

Earl

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone local have a front pass.side lower control arm they wanna sell. My Uncle has an 05 GT with 14K miles and its gone bad.

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, the ball joint. We just replaced the sway bar bushings. While the car was on the lift the pass side wheel had some play. This was a problem on the 05 and 06's

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ugh....I know they are not cheap from Ford...think they were around $300 each when Jeremy had to replace the BMR's after they cracked.

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Yea they are expensive. I can get parts wholesale dealer cost at local dealerships. Keep that in mind if anyone needs anything. I'm looking to find one local used, of course Ford has to order this one. The stock lower A arm is not bad, very little play in it, drivers side is tight. I can get a new one for about $150. I think there is a TSB on the 05 and 06's for this problem. They have seen brand new cars with bad control arms with 5 miles on them. I'm looking to buy a new 5.0 soon. Gotta sell my 93 5.0 first.

06gtimpact

forum member
Reaction score
Spotted a GO Parnelli Jones last night, great looking car first time I've ever actually seen one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back