Hampton Roads, VA - The Hangout!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if there is a cruise night near Centerville & Mt. Pleasant tonight in VB?

Centerville/Mt Pleasant would be in Chesapeake; when we went by there this morning it looked like there was a car show going on in the parking lot.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Spent Sat and Sunday at VMP watching the ADRL meet. Man what great racing, it's all 1/8 mile stuff. Sat had about 5 hours rain delay but it was worth it. If any of you guys haven't been to an ADRL meet you really need to go next year. I think it's some of the best spectator racing there is. Most of the classes are totally heads up, run what you brung, with very few rules, racing. The Pro Extreme class runs in the 3.4's at over 209 in the 1/8. They have dropped the 10.5 class this year and added an Pro Drag Radial class. This was the first meet with the DR cars. They are really interesting to watch, have cars running in the 4.40's at 184, trying to hook all that power up on a DR is something.

We should try and get together and go next year.

Earl

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd like to but I took off last weekend and I will have the whole family here Sunday for Fathers Day and about 3 Birthdays celebrations. I don't dare take off again/ Plus I plan on starting the epoxy on the garage floor Wed, so I have to do the grinding and get it cleaned up.

Are you going? I think Ray is going and will run true street again.

Earl

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ive used Wills Upholstery Shop off George Street in Norfolk to do some work on my old truck. Co-worker let Wills replace the head liner in his 65 GTO no issues he said.

Sent from a Galaxy S3

Thanks for the tip, Ray. Wills did a great job on the doors, quick too.

On another note,
Cajun Fest at Town Point park tomorrow, mudbugs, music, and beer.

rayS197

Reaction score
Try to revive this thread. Where and what the hell has everyone been doing? Enjoying this hot weather? Earl I left a message for you. Howz the knee? Luke you still building a motor? Brady, Tim and everyone else whats going on with you guys? Anything new and exciting? Helloooooo..........
New parts closet started to complete the puzzle.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry Ray, I never got your message. The knee is better but it just wont heal completely. I guess I'm going to have to see a doc and find out what's going on. I am still trying to get everything finished up in the garage. With this heat, all the kids birthday party's and having company come to visit all the time, I can't get anything done. I figured out what I am going to do with the poles, I just need to get it done.

Earl

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Balls deep in deploying ships broke and trying to meet these deadlines. All while trying to juggle work and stay within the guidelines of the sequester and furloughs. This shit is tough. Oh well, I'm thankful I have a job, but damn fuck my life!!

rayS197

Reaction score
Time for the bionic knees Earl. This heat really puts a halt to a lot of things we want to do. Im slowly repainting all the faded plastic trim on the F150 due to the heat. Half of one side done.
Nick, sorry about the furloughs and we all know its tough. Wont inject a political view as we all pretty much agree on things of that subject. Been out shooting lately? I havent due to ammo pricing and availability. Especially my .22 and 9mm supply. Its like diamonds or something. Geezz. Shotgun ammo not that bad though.

Sent from a Galaxy S3

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
Just got a set of heads in the mail today actually, haven't even opened them yet cause it's been such a hectic day. But I have the rotating assy balanced, block machined, just need to gather the small stuff, and a clutch and my build will be done!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back