Hankook/General/Toyo Tires?

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
Have you considered the Cooper Cobra tires? I saw where they have a 215/70R14 size available which should be close enough (only 10mm wider). 440 tread wear rating, so won’t be the stickiest tire. However, if you’re not hot rodding it around they shouldn’t be too bad.

I had a set of them back in the late 90’s on a z24 Cavalier, they weren’t too bad.

I second these, or at least can vouch that these are pretty decent performance tires. Have them on my dads fox ltd in 225's and it corners pretty hard (also has big sway bars).

Would have to go to a 215, but that is only 1/4 inch larger radius. I also have an 86 Capri 5.0 that has had a 235/60R15 drag radial on the front (ancient tires for winter storage) with no issues, and that is larger and wider than that 215.

https://www.pepboys.com/cooper-cobra-radial-g-t/tires/10002366

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Hey $75 each including delivery Christmas time. Not sure what I am going to do with them.

DSC_0195.JPG

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
I can't vote for the BFGs. I had a set of G Force Comp A/S2 on my former '09 GT500 and at about the 10k mileage mark, even though they had loads of tread left, they were so noisy, I couldn't stand them. They wore/handled/performed well but the noise was a deal killer.

I'll be giving General G Max AS 05 or G Max RS tires a shot when my current Michelins run out.
Lee

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back