has anyone been keeping up? f150 torture test.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Yeah I have been watching. Pretty bad ass IMO. I'd love that job. I have an 05 F-150 FX4. Underpowered but I still love it (some mods on the way). Can't wait to get my hands on one of those new ones some day. Wouldn't mind dropping a 6.2 in mine..haha.

Ford is doing some amazing things all the way across their lineup.

Kudos to FORD!

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
Yeah I have been watching. Pretty bad ass IMO. I'd love that job. I have an 05 F-150 FX4. Underpowered but I still love it (some mods on the way). Can't wait to get my hands on one of those new ones some day. Wouldn't mind dropping a 6.2 in mine..haha.

Ford is doing some amazing things all the way across their lineup.

Kudos to FORD!

i wouldnt mind a ecoboost in the v6 mustang. if the motor is that strong, it should do alright with a couple of gt30s

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
wow, that was truely impressive. ill admit i scoffed at the idea of a TT v6 full size truck. but the numbers and the vids are impressve. too bad it will never sound good, probably the only downside.

and you imagine a ecoboost f-150 with a twin GT40Rs? O M G. 15000lbs capacity and 11's?

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
In a F-150, I would just keep the exhaust quiet and have those turbos singing...haha. But in a stang, a nice V8 exhaust is the nature of the beast.

I don't really mind if the EB ends up in the stang either, as long as they still offer a v8, such as the 5.0. Then Fords biggest problem would be having a showroom full of folks tweaking out not knowing which engine package to choose..haha.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
In a F-150, I would just keep the exhaust quiet and have those turbos singing...haha. But in a stang, a nice V8 exhaust is the nature of the beast.

I don't really mind if the EB ends up in the stang either, as long as they still offer a v8, such as the 5.0. Then Fords biggest problem would be having a showroom full of folks tweaking out not knowing which engine package to choose..haha.
id go for the return of the SVO mustang. but id wanted the GT to be at 450hp. there has to be a large margin in power. but honestly the way for is building engines, a 450hp GT might just be childs play. :roflmao:

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
id go for the return of the SVO mustang. but id wanted the GT to be at 450hp. there has to be a large margin in power. but honestly the way for is building engines, a 450hp GT might just be childs play. :roflmao:

350 hp ecoboost v6 mustang, a 450 hp 5.0, and a 600 hp tt 5.4 cobra.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I'm not sure what hp the EB puts out with tunning, but I don't think ford would allow a simple tune v6 to outpower the gt in the same year model.

N.O.L.A.

Reaction score
Hats off to Ford, while others are taking bailouts, they're spending hours on end building new motors that are functional and more importantly cars and trucks PEOPLE WANT TO BUY. The fact that they stepped up and made better products when they could have just taken the hand-outs is why I consider Ford to be the best American car company by far.

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
EcoBeast Mustang would be awesome cuz with a turbo motor you just bump the boost and you have more power.

Big50

forum member
Reaction score
I luv Ford. I have an 05 fx4 with a 6" lift and 37" tires and have only broken a sway bar end link in 5 years of beating the crap out of that truck. I have taken it to off road parks numerous times and pounded the hell out of it and it just takes it.

My favorite memory was watching a bunch of jeeps and toyota's spend about an hour trying to make it up the up hill obstacle. They finally finished after numerous attempts. They were so proud they had finally made it. They started taunting me to give it a shot. I wasn't planning on it because it was so difficult for them. I figured what the hey and gave it a shot. Just put it in 4 low and climbed up nice and steady like i was driving up a paved road. I got to the top and they all just looked at me without saying a word, then they got in their jeeps and took off. The look on their faces was priceless.

I want a new FX4 eco boost in white. Lift it tune it and enjoy.

Last edited:

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
I'm not sure what hp the EB puts out with tunning, but I don't think ford would allow a simple tune v6 to outpower the gt in the same year model.

The taurus runs 12.7 with an intake and tune. Here's a solution. Eb v6, tt 5.0, and a tt 5.4

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
If Ford just put a turbo on everything, all we'd need is forged internals.. and more boost... and nitrous...

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
That thing is a damn beast! 150,000 miles on a dyno, towing 100,000lbs of timer one tree at a time uphill, 24 hours of towing 11,300lbs at average of 82mph and it is still in for more. That is fucking awesome.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back