headers

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
You mean like these? (except for the 2 custom downpipes on the sides)
Ceramic coated, from Mac. Not sure if they're available anymore.

S2010580.jpg

BTW, these are 2 years old...and still look pretty good!:beerdrink:

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
ya. do those eliminate your cats?

cool thx man.

well, no, they don't eliminate them. They do move into the area where you cats normally reside from the factory. So unless you buy new parts you'll have to have something made to connect up to the collectors. Whether you decide to reinstall the cats is up to you. But, the stock V6 manifolds flow very well, better than the heads and intake do so I wouldn't be expecting a huge gain in hp/trq. Upgrade the heads and intake and you'll see some preformance gains. If it were me I'd start at the intake for most bang for your buck.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
oh well. ill keep the old cats till i have to do emissions

if you decide to go with long tubes, you might as well buy some hi-flow cats, or buy an X or H pipe that will mate to your collectors with hi-flow cats built in. You'll need O2 extensions, or MIL eliminators if you go catless. You may need a tune to take advantage of the headers, if so your tuner can turn of the CEL you'll get if you decide not to run cats. It depends on your local EPA testing standards.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I had no tuning issues with the Mac LT's, no tune changes needed.

For after the headers, I used high-flow cats, extending the wires to reach the cats.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
I know Kooks does and I know for a time ARH was looking into developing a set as well, don't think that ever took shape though.

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
I had no tuning issues with the Mac LT's, no tune changes needed.

For after the headers, I used high-flow cats, extending the wires to reach the cats.

I am thinking of eventually getting longtubes as well......Do you have an exhaust clip of the six with longtubes ?

I have heard the one with flowmasters....I wasn't a fan....but i don't like Flowmaster mufflers....

I would be running mac flowpaths and lt's and highflows :)
thanks!

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
the crossover really defines the sound, IMO. Forget about using an X, they sound like crap that way. But, it all depends, too, what you like in terms of sound.
I don't have any clips and no longer have the LT's/V6 setup.

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
the crossover really defines the sound, IMO. Forget about using an X, they sound like crap that way. But, it all depends, too, what you like in terms of sound.
I don't have any clips and no longer have the LT's/V6 setup.

Yup....I'll never have an X on a V6 :)

Thanks anyway man!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back