Heads and cams for a 5.0 storked GT

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
A friend of mine finally took his car to the shop to start installing the 5.0 stroker kit.

So we wanted to know who has one of the best p&p'd heads here ? we need something powerfull but great for a daily drive.

but as for the cams I have NO clue in what to get. He doesn't want his car to sound SO aggressive with the cams. Something normal but like I said would give the most performance and quality ride.

He is installing a Whipple in the summer, and the stroker kit is low compression.

Thanks

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are tons of choices on cams, BBR stage II cams have a great sound to them. As for the heads, alot of guys on here have livernois stage III heads wich seem to be awesome. I chose to go with MMR stage II heads but have yet to get results from them.

zgarske01

Reaction score
livernois stage III's are probably the best however mmr does offer there heads without a core

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you can also send your heads in for alot cheaper to MMR

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
FRPP or Livernois heads. Since he is going with a Whipple soon I would stick to the stock cams. If he insists on aftermarket cams then perhaps the BBR Stage II or MMR Stage II.

TexStang

Reaction score
I heard storked motors are the fastest motor out there... maybe CK should get one :laughlots:

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
He will love to keep the stock heads.

When changine heads to ported ones. Do I need to get something new ? lifters these stuff.. stay stock ?

and yes its a storked motor :p

Bingo u seem to have little bit of WAY EXTRA time on ur hands to go search for the meaning. We learn something new huh?

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
I mean keep stock heads in a store while the new ones are in so that if he decided to sell the car he gets it back to stock and sell it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back